Kone or Pod filter on a stock Starion :)

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
chunkhead
Mmmmm, I love rice

Post by chunkhead »

Chryzla wrote:alright, ill let you believe it. fact is the standard intake hole is tiny. throttle will feel more restricted once you replace it :)
Replace it? Shit, why didn't I think of that? I'll take out the AFM too! And the injection system, that's also crap. Shit, while i'm there, i'll stick in a set of forgies and a Motec. Hell, why don't I just forget about it and buy a Skyline?

We are talking stock application here. My engine bay is almost EXACTLY as it came out of the factory. I spent a LOT of money to ensure that. For the time being, that's how it will stay. The stock airbox works. That is why the CAR works.

Your point is like saying the TC-06 is too small, you'll get better power with a bigger one! We know, it's just not always the way to go. I personally know two Starions with TC-05's that will kick most of the other Starions ass, not to mention many other cars!!!
Gone V8 Hunting: Be Back In Seconds!

For Sale:
Xbox/360/Wii Mods Now Available
benny
I love starions

Post by benny »

while the stock afm is in place there is no point removing restrictions from in front of it......

think of the intake like this

airbox afm pipe turbo crossover
---------------=========----------

pod filter instead of airbox

airbox afm pipe turbo crossover
====--------=========-----------

think about it :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

The stock Airbox is fine for the stock setup - even Boosted.

It has a 2.5" Intake on the side of it, enough for a 25G Turbo......

The only restriction you have is the Airbox - Turbo snorkel rubber pipe. That thing has a 40mm ID at the worst which means any Compressor wheel with an Inducer diameter greater then 40mm means you'll have a restrictor in front of the Turbo unless you replace it.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D