A few 4G63 questions :D

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Sigve_B
Big Dorifto

A few 4G63 questions :D

Post by Sigve_B »

Hi
I`ve just finish pulling my engine apart and found out a couple of things.
First off the balance shaft belt was not there at all ? how does this inflict the engine ? i been searching around and it looks like everybody is doing the balance shaft removal because if the belt breaks u got problems ?
Both shafts was in the engine but only one has been turning, the other one is jammed so i cant get it out, could i just leave it der and forget about the belt ?
And do the Doch head gasket fit the SOCH head?
A couple of pics for those who like to see :)

vroooom pttshhh!! :D
BLOFLY
I like starions

Post by BLOFLY »

Balance Shaft has had the counter weights turned off, best way to do it in my opinion. The other balance shaft can be left in but If you already have the engine apart I'd remove it and turn the bearing shells around to block the oil feed, slide hammer should pull that siezed shaft out sweet. :beer
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Have the balance shafts had the weight removed off them ?

And yes DOHC 4G63 (1G / 1st Generation) 88-92 Head gasket is the same as the SOHC.

Luckily you caught the Engine in time....... the Conrod and Crankshaft maybe salvageable but only a professional Engine workshop will be able to measure it up and tell you.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D