OK guys...Whats the normal oil pressure in psi for a 4G63T?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Unless you've got one of those pin-hole cameras, then it's almost impossible to check the bore where the valve/Piston sits in.......

You'll notice that there is two parts to the Lower Timing Alloy plate, there's the main plate and then theres a small section which is bolted onto the side corner where the Oil Filter is attached. You should only need to remove that part, which means the Timing cover and timing doesn't need to be touched and re-done :beer
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

You haven't had the balance-shafts removed have you by any chance ? Cause if so, then you need to 'port' out the relief valve ports to flow the extra pressure away.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
Grifstar
Big Dorifto

Post by Grifstar »

um i may have found the problem... check out what "forced" from MSPORT says...

http://www.msport.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=7841

sound right???
Big Blue Mean Green
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

What a joke.... LOL

Firstly, have you got the Oil Pressure sensor which came with the Aftermarket gauge or are you trying to read the Factory Mitsubishi one with the Aftermarket gauge ?

Excessive blowby will do sweet fuk all to the pressure reading, if your dipstick is not popping off under Boost, then you have no blowby issues :wink: I had the dipstick popping out with 20% Cylinder pressure loss to give you an idea of how much Blowby you may have ?
Grifstar
Big Dorifto

Post by Grifstar »

well fkd if i know then :( I definitly have blowby, coz the motor is out now and you should see the state of my pistons... I am using the right sender unit that came with the guage tho.
Big Blue Mean Green
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Have the balance-shafts been removed from the Engine or has it still got them ?