wil a vr4 turbo fit starion 20l single cam

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
2lturbs
I like starions

wil a vr4 turbo fit starion 20l single cam

Post by 2lturbs »

will it bolt up to the monifold?
my starion has hit a tree and a roundabout and she loves it to.....
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Yes, but you will need to redo your Intercooler plumbing, Exhaust dump pipe and make up some new piping from the Airbox to the Turbo inlet as the rubber one will be too small internally for the bigger Turbo.
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Doesnt the vr4 turbo have studs with the starion manifold having studs as well? You could take out the studs but one hole is blind on the turbo. From what i've read on the forum the evo 1-3 turbo is easier to attach to the starion manifold than the vr4 one.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

Yep I think that's right, but you should be able to remove the studs with your trusty multigrips :)
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
TOMSUN
Group buy King

Post by TOMSUN »

toysrus wrote:Yep I think that's right, but you should be able to remove the studs with your trusty multigrips :)
if you are going to take the studs out it is better to use two nuts and lock them up on each other on the exposed part of the stud and unscrew the stud (won't damage the stud, you never know when you might need them)
1985 JB Starion #157
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

TOMSUN wrote:
toysrus wrote:Yep I think that's right, but you should be able to remove the studs with your trusty multigrips :)
if you are going to take the studs out it is better to use two nuts and lock them up on each other on the exposed part of the stud and unscrew the stud (won't damage the stud, you never know when you might need them)
Or you could do it that way also, which should be easier actually :)
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Im actually refering to one of blind holes on the turbo being a problem but after abit of searching jakobladderz has worked out a way around it.

http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... light=td05
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

or easier way... have a turbo shop machine the staz 05 exhaust housing for the vr4 chra (td05 wheel slightly bigger... than our 2.6 12A at least)
Most likely have to clock the compressor housing (there is a tiny alignment pin to be grounded off) and rig up a wastegate cannister mount.