cyclone dash?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

cyclone dash?

Post by nzgsr »

got a dash head last weekend and thought that they were all sirus dash but this one has cyclone dash on the rockercover
does any one know off any differences between the to?
toysrus
400HP by 2007!

Post by toysrus »

No difference on SOHCs', just a reference to being made in different Manufacturing Plants :beer
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
nzgsr

Post by nzgsr »

the mitsubishi insanity continues
why do they change stuff for no good reason i changed on of the seats in my car the other day threw the other one out as it was stuffed and now the seat belt wont fit in the clicky thing .wtf its a seat out of a starion why change the bloody seat belt thing
AB

Post by AB »

Apparently the different names come from the different factories the engines were manufactured at, I'm not sure if that's true or not but it's what I've heard.
Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

I Thought the "Cyclone Intakes were better ?
Did'nt they have a better intake system with some sort of valves that opened at higher RPM's just the DASH heads ?

Am I wrong ?

Will post some pics of BOTH from a 4G63 motor when I find them. :D
YES they are from a FWD motor not a RWD 4G63, but can those be also converted the same way you mates to the Sonata units ?

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
AB

Post by AB »

Only the VR4 engines have a true Cyclone intake with dual runners actuated with a valve, DASH intake manifolds are too small to fit a second set of runners, they'd look almost twice as big if they did have them.
You might be thinking of the second larger intake valve on the DASH heads which opens at ~2500rpm? They are the same on the Sirius and Cyclone models.