Need New ECU - So many different types

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Given a person's level of knowledge is the catalyst for going on the forums to ask question or deciding to spend the money for someone to do it how can it not dictate the course and the money spent. While its important to be informed when making a decision there is such a thing as information overload.

You're talking engine swap requiring only 4 or 5 wires, helping a mate with is s13 engine swap was almost a plug and play affair, but is it as simple when your talking about using another manufacturer's ecu?

I dont see anywhere where i undermined online support but there are certain things that can't be diagnosed online, so if you have a locally produced ecu you can take it to a dealer. Not to mention if the ecu breaks down you don't have to send it back to the states to get fixed.

I was probably being too simplistic when i said dynos is cause of the cultural difference of tuning in australia and the states. You talk about cultural differences as though its an independent factor when infact having access to superior dynos is one factor in the differences in tuning culture between australia and the states.

Tuning on a dyno is safer and in some instances required to be more accurate (im mainly refering to ign timing, but you need road tuning for better drivability with things like throttle transient) and with greater access why so many australian's use it for tuning.

You have access to great turbos at reasonable prices and reasonably priced forged components and it shows with big boosted road cars. In japan labour is so expensive that parts are designed to be plug and play or easily bolted on to reduce installation cost.

These are only a few factors of many that make up the cultural differences.

Anyway in answer to oped's question about the mt4, as redzone said they are cheap, but also if I recall correctly they only have 4 outputs which would only make it a fuel only computer if you use it in your starion for mpi.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Nord72
[P] Plater austaz

factory ECU

Post by Nord72 »

Anyone would be so kind to indetify this factory ECU for me ?

MD 061093

Thanx in advance,

Cheers,

Nord