Rear shock absorbers

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Tezstaz
Newcomer

Rear shock absorbers

Post by Tezstaz »

Help!I have bought a 82 Starion and one rear shock is leaking as there is no replacement part can anybody give some advice on what to do cheers
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Oscar-the-Grouch
I love starions

Re: Rear shock absorbers

Post by Oscar-the-Grouch »

Tezstaz wrote:Help!I have bought a 82 Starion and one rear shock is leaking as there is no replacement part can anybody give some advice on what to do cheers

Hello All

I don't want to beat a dead horse but I can offer Shocks and Full Coil Over Suspension for a fraction of a custom one. Have shipped several ito Oz and NZ.

LINK one here:
http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... coil+overs

I can also offer Shocks as I have done this already several times over to several members here and they can vouch for me (I HOPE) :D

Shock Prices and exchange rates are as follow and can change so ASK for an updated price quote before ordering.
Link to Shock prices:
http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=shocks

And a GENERAL FYI...
- The Tokico shocks are NO LONGER AVAILABLE for the rear. They have been DISCONTINUED. I personally checked with Tokico North American Distributor here in California and they have CONFIRMED the "Discontinued" Status of the REAR units.

So as of now the ONLY worthwhile alternative are the KYB's. Or if you want to go Adjustables then I recommend the Tokico Illuminas. BUT remember that these will have to have spacers made for the front INSERTS to make up for the difference in length, and for the rears you will either have to modify your originals, use a KIT available here in the US but its no longer made only used or New/Old stock is left or make your own.

Adjustable Shock Prices and exchange rates are as follow and can change so ASK for an updated price quote before ordering.
- The Koni's we use the 2nd Generation MR2 Rear inserts on front and back and those the CHEAPEST I have been able to get them for its been USD$205.00 each ! Alot of us here us the more affordable AGX/KYB Adjustables for the same application with GREAT results and they are less at USD$130.00 each.

If you guys use e-bay US for parts PLEASE PLEASE be careful as many sell CRAP and I hate for anyone of you to spend a fortune on parts and overpriced or inflated shipping costs and get CRAP so PLEASE do your research and buy from a reputable seller with a reputation. Alot of the shocks on e-bay are old stock and not from a fresh batch as many LOCAL stores have as they order them from the manufacturer when YOU order them.

Hope this info helps and I can be reached for answers, personalized quotes or tech support by PM or e-Mail ( oscar-the-grouch@sbcglobal.net )

Cheers
Oscar
LSD & US Parts GUY
ImageImageImage
sriver killer
I like starions

Post by sriver killer »

but if you dun wanna do any of these things

you can get your struts rebuilt by a good shock absorber place

should be about 400-500 for the pair to be rebuilt, or you can get them rebuilt for 900 through repco with koni adjustables

cheaper to get them rebuilt, and better than replacing them with old starion ones

:beer
after alot of ff cars, I think it is time for me to try a fr :O
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by nzgsr »

are starion rear shocks supposed 2 be oilfilled as i have one here which informs me that it is gas filled
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

are starion rear shocks supposed 2 be oilfilled as i have one here which informs me that it is gas filled
No they are all gas filled up to 1988.
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by nzgsr »

yes i have had a closer look gas filled but is tokico top comes off it to have 3 of them so far
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

I'll have a close look at my whacked out 5 studder tomorrow night and compare to the shock you got me nzgsr. Cheers bro :)

Keep ya posted...
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza