shocks

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
JD_Stazza_Brendan
almost postwhore

Post by JD_Stazza_Brendan »

Starion_Turbo wrote:pedders dont have anything in stock for starions, or so thay said.
I got a qoute from pedders to do my stuff... was going to cost a bit over 2k for everything. bushes, joints etc
-JA Starion with JD bits , Forged engine, Heaps of mods (parked up)
-BFII XR6 Turbo Ute , Here comes 400hp for 2k :p
-77 Mazda 323 drag car. 13bt rotary project.

Yes i have too many toys.
SOHC POWER
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

i actually meant they dont stock shocks, they suid in an e-mail that they could find something that would fit but nothing specifically for starion.
Also they apparently dont have springs for them.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
nzgsr
Mine is bigger than yours

shocks

Post by nzgsr »

there r currently some kyb shocks on ebay says they r 4 86 on though so dnt knw if they will fit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-GR-2 ... dZViewItem
Glen GSR III
guess its me thats broke

Post by Glen GSR III »

there for a starquest as well... would they fit on an aus-spec??
82 GSR III starion (respray nearly complete!)
83 JA Starion...Daily Driver
01 KTM 520 trail bike (reason the staz isnt finished yet)
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

the narrow and the wideys had different model numbers for the tokicos so don't beleive the KYBs will match either.

by pedders i meant a cut and shut mod type shock
_

Post by Mick »

POOP!

may as well go custom then?

my local did have a few combinations.

custom koni adjs around 570 pr.

sound ok?
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Re: shocks

Post by Starion_Turbo »

nzgsr wrote:there r currently some kyb shocks on ebay says they r 4 86 on though so dnt knw if they will fit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-GR-2 ... dZViewItem
This were mine will be coming from, having huge communications delays, add $20 for a custom order and they will switch the 365060 parts for 365029 parts to suit the more common 83 model.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

Starion_Turbo wrote: Front: 365029
Rear Left: 235004
rear Right: 235003
Are all starion shocks the same? I have a 87 5 Stud model with leaking rear shocks and was about to ask you guys about what to get as nowhere in NZ has listing for them. Will these rear insert numbers work??
Thanks heaps :D

Cheers
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

rear shocks are the same yes. i put those part numbers in a JA last year..

widebody and narrowbody have different length frt struts so use different shock inserts..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

87_starion wrote:
Are all starion shocks the same? I have a 87 5 Stud model with leaking rear shocks and was about to ask you guys about what to get as nowhere in NZ has listing for them. Will these rear insert numbers work??
Thanks heaps :D

Cheers
They have bilstein type oil filled shocks. Autoline in Auckland rebuild them. I'm still meaning to get around to this ( 5 years later)
The fronts I did a converson to monroe inserts.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

Any idea on what they charge to do this? I have found a set of KYB (big fan of KYB Shocks) on EBAY using the part numbers the aussie dudes listed (cheers guys). Im working out total cost incl shipping to NZ at the moment. I rang Stocks with the part number and they were about as useful as a bull with tits... they have no idea
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

It was about $500 including shipping to and from Auckland.
I removed the shocks and tried to find any replacement possible but came up with zero. I like KYB but will be rebuilding mine and only when I have to will I modifly them to suit.
No brake or suspension parts off earlier Starions will fit only body stuff will :wink:
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Hmm looks like im up for new rear shocks now too, just put my new springs in today and found that both my rear struts just slide back into the casing by themselves, kinda no pressure i think. That cant be a gd thing!!!
rallidave
Enthusiast king

Post by rallidave »

kiwieurospec wrote: No brake or suspension parts off earlier Starions will fit only body stuff will :wink:
mate are you sure?? cause all aust delivered starions list exactly the same brake parts, dunno about suspension though :?
85 JB 4g63 SOHC
94 EVO2 4g63 DOHC
i wanna go fast
87_starion
Big Dorifto

Post by 87_starion »

Yeah I had heard that my starion has bigger brakes than the earlier ones, didnt realise it was true. You know how it is when people tell you stuff sometimes. So if its 5 stud that means it has different shocks as well and that the part numbers listed for 4 stud models wont fit mine?????
96 R33 GTS25t - 4 Sale
02 Impreza