boost guage

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

boost guage

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I was woundering where abouts the bleed valve for the boost guage goes in the 2.6litre starion. It doesn't have a MAP sensor so I can't use that hose. I know you are ment to use the one from the inlet manifold, but I have three there. One, goes into the EFI, the second goes into the firewall, the third goes up to a T piece and goes off into the ABS brakes and Power steering. Please give me advice.

Woody
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I'd check where the one that goes into the firewall ends up.. as im pretty sure none are mean to go in the cabin..

Out of those 3 ports, tee it into the one closest to the firewall.
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

Bleed valve for the boost gauge??
The gauge is electronic and is driven by the map sensor... unless i'm misunderstanding you...?

Steve
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

woody, are you talking about the factory boost gauge, or an aftermarket one?

the factory one in your car will be a computer approximation of boost, as your car does not run a map sensor.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

Yes and the computer approximation for boost is really inaccurate. Boost gauge is a must! I couldn't figure out why all the yanks had aftermarket boost gauges in their Starquests when my JA factory gauge works just fine until I found out how the later models boost gauge worked.
You want the port in the manifold that reads boost and vacuum for the boost gauge. I think it is the back one closest to the firewall. I will check and let you know.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

gauge

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I have an aftermarket guarge. What I meant was make a bleed valve/t piece to place my aftermarkets gauge cord onto.
The 2.6 doens't have a MAP sensor. That is why I am asking.

Woody
Paradoxx
Enthusiast

Post by Paradoxx »

look for any line that comes directly off the intake manifold after the throttle. this will give you the pressure that is in the manifold at any time. you should be able to buy a standard tee piece that fits the tubing (i think it's the same size as reticulation fittings for the small tubes) and put it inline.