Crankshaft won't spin after BSE

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
douglovin
[P] Plater austaz

Crankshaft won't spin after BSE

Post by douglovin »

Well I did the BSE. My car is in time and everything. Here is the issue.

I dropped my oilpan to clean it out. I was going to spin the crank so I can get the pan back on easier. It is kinda hitting the back of the crank. If I turned it I could slide it in no problem.

So I go to turn it. It does not budge AT ALL. Clockwise Or Counter Clockwise. Not even 1mm . Nothing.

I checked the stickshift. It is not in gear. I went ahead and went through all the gears and none of them are stuck I don't think.

What could of happened? What would be causing the crank to not spin at all?
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Are you trying to turn it by hand or with a ratchet and socket? By hand....good luck. Put socket and breaker bar or ratchet on the crank nut and try it.
douglovin
[P] Plater austaz

Post by douglovin »

I have the nut on it and I am turning it with a wrench. its the same wrench i used to turn it before. before it turned pretty freely. now not even a budge.
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

take your spark plugs out and try then mate theres too much compression in the cylinders to crank.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

take coil HT lead out and crank it with the starter .... for a sec
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ