Motor Rebuild

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Tmaster
Newcomer

Motor Rebuild

Post by Tmaster »

Can anyone advise where the best place in Adelaide to get a Starion motor rebuilt? It's blowing smoke at idle and has some piston slap (i beleive).
bigmoz
Enthusiast king

Post by bigmoz »

post ikt in the mail to flav:D

bigmoz :pimp
85 JB, forged, larger valves, ported and polished microtech, sonata mpi, td06 20g, intercooler, willwood brakes, koni suspention, 3.9LSD and more shit i cant remember

82 JA, blueprint SIRUS 4g63, dumped and a cooler 17's, exhaust... DEAD :(
big moz (chopyou@hotmail.com)
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

My sons mate had a nissan motor rebuilt by... Hi-Tech 1111 South Rd Melrose Park..Crn South road and Daws rd... Was very happy with the outcome... Cost is always a big factor..
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

Where did you 2 guys come from? What starions do you have? Unfortunately I can't recommend any places in Adel yet :(
_

Post by toysrus »

I can't really recommend any places either which is why I'm doing most of it myself :wink:

The only thing I'm having done by someone else, is the boring/honing and balancing. The Repco reconditioning centre are pretty good and priced, like $300 to hot tank the block, bore/hone cylinders and balance the rotating assembly :beer

Also depends if you just want a standard rebuild or if you want to use different pistons to run more boost safely ?
Computer games don't affect kids I mean if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music :D
starrzzy
Lil' Dorifto

Post by starrzzy »

The question was to rebuild starion motor ...

My reply was that Hi Tech will rebuild motors ...

If your looking for hi performance.. I can only go on the work that was done on my sons mates Nissan ...

As far as I know HiTech built the motors and maintains the Coopers V8 ute race cars
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

sounds good starrzzy, what starion do you have? I don't think i've seen you around Adel before...
_

Post by starrzzy »

Ja Starion,

Flav just talked me thru doing the lower balance shaft ..

Pic under "new to the group".. will start putting it back together next weekend .. Have to get some parts ..ie gaskets, crank seal,belts. flush all oil out of cooler,filters,and brake fluid,...has been sitting in a shed for awhile ..