New here

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

New here

Post by caboonatlarge »

hey i just joined. im sorry i havnt got a starion, but an ex lancer.im wanting to put a turbo motor into it and so far ive been told that the starion motor will be by far the easiest and hav the best proformance.was wondering wat you guys thort.any tips much appreciated.

Cheers

CAm
Glenjo
Enthusiast

Re: New here

Post by Glenjo »

caboonatlarge wrote:.was wondering wat you guys thort
depends on how much your looking at spending?

have you seen how much some starions go for? :wink:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

yay! im a former ex lancer owner, mine was boganised to hell.

Starion engine will bolt in without many problems, ther were factory in some very rare models... hardest part is getting the loom for the ECU and all the sensors in there properly, not to mention a gearbox... your diff wont be up to much for long either.

But all those are fixable. Perservere with it, it'd make a damn cool car, very light aswell.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

then after all that u can drop a dohc on top :P hehe, nah thats a whole other game that one. Once its in u can upgrade the fuel injection to multipoint with some other small mods and get some nice little figures. not a bad engine for its age :P Theres also a 12 valve version of it, not sure if youve heard about the sirius one or not. are you going to go for an aftermarket ecu?
caboonatlarge
[L] Plates

Post by caboonatlarge »

i dont know about the after market ecu, i just want to get everything going good first.ive looked into the sirius moter but its abit of a mission to get is fitted.its got different mounts and stuff.series 1 and 2 starion moters go in fine.im also looking for the gearbox froma 1800 gsr lancer.the normal starion gearbox can be used but it sits about and inch bak from where the standard gearbox is.thats why i am wanting the gsr one.the only other thing that needs to be modefied is the drive shaft.buts thats not to hard.it should be good when its all goin tho.i just think starions are ugly, but like there performance.
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

caboonatlarge wrote:i just think starions are ugly, but like there performance.
Not a good thing to say on a starion forum, but i forgive your ignorance considering your bad grammer. :D
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

hey deeks isn't it spelt grammar? :D you may shoot me again if you wish! :wink:

heheh i can't talk, im liable for crimes against correctness it's just that i'm currently spell checking a doc i have to write for uni. I'm in a pedantic mood :)

what lancer is being done up here? the older rwd drive ones are extremely cool although most people i know down here rotorize em.

good luck with the lancer anyway :).
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
decoy
Let Me Out!

Post by decoy »

:shock:

can't beleive i spelt grammar wrong just when i was telling someone off for their spelling.. at least my GRAMMAR was good! hehe

no point shooting u again, will have to turn the gun on myself this time :ugh

OR i could edit my post and change it so it's spelt correctly :wtf: and no1 will know :P except u beat! in which case out comes my gun again :wtf:
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

rofl
haha then i could also remove the incriminating evidence from my post and then we could shoot everyone!!!

this could start a spell checking epidemic which whitlles down the posts to a mere handfull of well spelt posts!

what have we started :cry:

hehehehehe
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

oh no i spelt whittles wrong!!!!! :oops:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Black JA
'throw me a frickin' bone here'

Post by Black JA »

hahahhahahhahaha
rofl
rofl
rofl
u guys crack me up... LOL
BlAcK Ja KnIgHtRiDeR
dirty sanchez
I love starions

Post by dirty sanchez »

I wouldn't muck around with putting a starion engine in a lancer. It's a lot of work to allow you to have a car that goes as well as a starion that you could have bought in the first place, and the lancer still won't have the brakes or suspension. If you don't like the look of the starion (but like the look of the lancer?!?) and definately want to keep the lancer then put in a VR4 engine, or a 2.6 turbo out of a sigma
merlin
Enthusiast

Post by merlin »

think 4G64 16 valve and then turbo it. torque monster!!!!!!!!!!
quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

if those lancers weigh ~2100 pounds, like the rwd toyota corollas that I've swapped 2.0L starion motors in... I'd say do it. When I began swapping, I had nobody to ask, only tools, some skills and a little bit of common sense that allowed me to chase a dream. Soooo happy I did!
The much heavier starion is absolutely NO match for my 2.0L powered corolla. I swapped over the entire wiring harness & cluster too.
I'm in the procees of updating both corollas. One with the sohc 2.0L, the other with a dohc 2.0. I'll post some pix when I'm better organized
Just got a sonata intake based on the good info u guys provided. thanks
Will pursue the 2.4L sohc truck motor next.
If you're capable of the swap, the lancer will be a ton of fun.