Shock designation.

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
4g6beat
I love starions

Shock designation.

Post by 4g6beat »

Hi Guys,
Mate has a set of shocks lying around his workshop for what he thinks is either a starion or lancer turbo (a175 designation i think) does anyone know if they suit the staz? they look the right type to me but i'm not sure what model designation were the staz's ?

cheers guys :beer
How fast do those doorhandles go mate!
isnowi
[P] Plates

Post by isnowi »

in the kyb book they are listed as the same part number.

assuming you are talking front shocks and a 4g63 starion..
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

Yeah the set has both front and rears i'm not very confident the rears will fit since the lancer had a live axle but the strut inserts look similar. Is there any place online that lists the part numbers? Tis good to know that the fronts will fit though!

Thanks.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

the A175 suits the 1800 RWD lancer turbo, the part number is 343063. All you need to do is find the starion reference for KYB shocks, might be hard as they don't seem to stock them in AUS or NZ. Try Oscarthegrouch on the forum, he seems to able to get them in the USA so he might be able to get you the reference number.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
isnowi
[P] Plates

Post by isnowi »

apologies, i just reread your post, i was reading a176, which is a 2litre lancer turbo, these are the same as starion, not too sure about the a175 1800 shockies. :oops:
4g6beat
I love starions

Post by 4g6beat »

will have a look into it, thanks guys