tc06-11a vs tc06-11

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
FAB
[L] Plates

tc06-11a vs tc06-11

Post by FAB »

Hi guys

Does any1 know the difference b/w a tc06-11a (starion) and a tc06-11 (cordia) turbos

Just need 2 know

Thanks
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: tc06-11a vs tc06-11

Post by mrb1 »

FAB wrote:Hi guys

Does any1 know the difference b/w a tc06-11a (starion) and a tc06-11 (cordia) turbos

Just need 2 know

Thanks
The turbine housing is a bit different it has threaded flange holes and the dump bolt pattern is rotated a bit compared to the Starion housing.
DasKar
*** Half Century Post ***

Post by DasKar »

Most of the major difference is in the exhaust end, The starion has a larger exhuast dowell inside compared with the Cordia and this is one of the major reasons for Lag on the JA's.
83 JA w/ TC06/T4 Highflow,ported airbox with VPort BOV,3 inches and FMC,nearly re registed!! Many Thanks to Flav for Switches!!!!!
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

would a tc06-11 (off a cordia) be a upgrade for a tc05 equipped starion?
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Well, i wish i read this thread before yesterday! I just spent 14 hours of my sunday attempting to fit a TC06-11 to a starion. i wanted a bolt on-bolt off job so that i can change between turbos wen they blow up :D I went from a factory TC05 and bought a TC06 off a mate thinking it would be an easy swap. Little did i know that cordias are crap. and have the rotated stud pattern on the exhaust outlet and threaded manifold mounts.

I made a 10mm plate to adapt up the exhaust housing to the same flange for the TC05 and simply drilled out the holes for the manifold.

Easy :shock:

Next on the list was remounting the wastegate actuator. Opted to use a mild 5mm plate and the standard mounting holes for the actuator, because the compressor housing had to be turned to fit TC05 intake pipe, and was now roughly 180 degrees out. This plate resulted in more gas-axing and a nice curvy plate that runs right across the front of the compressor housing :D

overall it looks ok, havnt started it up yet cos it was bout 12am when i finished but heres hoping. To be honest, if i knew then wot i know now, id just be more patient and wait for a TC06 off a staz.

[/img]
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Gutted man, nice effort though.
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
turbo_onion
Dorifto!

Post by turbo_onion »

Yes a bit gutting. i forgot to mention that the cordia turbo has tricky little dowels that prevent the housings from rotating. A minimal amout of grinding is required for the exhaust housing dowels and the compressor side needed to be drilled out a little bit for the housing to go on nicely. A good solid one days work. :D
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

nice effort dude but what a runt of a job!
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

You need one of my braided turbo oil feed line kits :wink: