later model injection setup, bit of info please

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

later model injection setup, bit of info please

Post by rxtoy »

i've got the option to buy one of these inlet setups pretty cheap off a pajero. i'm currently running the usual ECI setup off the early starions and EX lancer turbo's.

questions:

i. i've heard that its better for flow and the injectors flow more but what i need to know is will everything go straight in and what exactly do i need besides the inlet manifold???

ii. will my computer run it as it is (out of an EX1800 lancer i think, same as early starion computers) or should i grab the computer out of the pajero as well (adds to the cost, would rather not if i don't have to)???

iii. also will all the wiring connect up??? i don't mind doing some basic stuff but hoping for plug and play. i'll take the wiring up to the plugs as well of course because i've found minor differences in this before.

hoping for answers before i go and grab it tomorrow.

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: later model injection setup, bit of info please

Post by mrb1 »

rxtoy wrote:Image

i've got the option to buy one of these inlet setups pretty cheap off a pajero. i'm currently running the usual ECI setup off the early starions and EX lancer turbo's.

questions:

i. i've heard that its better for flow and the injectors flow more but what i need to know is will everything go straight in and what exactly do i need besides the inlet manifold???

ii. will my computer run it as it is (out of an EX1800 lancer i think, same as early starion computers) or should i grab the computer out of the pajero as well (adds to the cost, would rather not if i don't have to)???

iii. also will all the wiring connect up??? i don't mind doing some basic stuff but hoping for plug and play. i'll take the wiring up to the plugs as well of course because i've found minor differences in this before.

hoping for answers before i go and grab it tomorrow.

cheers
Matt
Measure the thottle butterfly I am sure you will find it is smaller on the Type B TBI. In my opinion this setup flows less air than the TypeA setup.
The only good thing about this setup is replacement injectors are easier to find.
Not sure about the ECU but I know they changed a lot of the connectors on the TypeB manifold. I mean everything is very similar but stuff won't just plug in.
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

another little thing... your inlet pipe will have to change from oval to circular. the later model inlet pipe might be a little longer too as it curves down towards the throttle body
rxtoy
Big Dorifto

Post by rxtoy »

i actually bought this setup off a pajero, got pissed off with the wiring though so jagged it in for now. the actual inlet manifold is exactly the same so i don't think it could make any serious difference anyway just from the actual ECI bit.

its all good having a spare inlet manifold though, gave me the chance to do this (along with a few other bits):

mmmmmm, shiny!!!!!!!!!!

cheers
Matt
project 1: 1976 TA23 Celica
project 2: 1981 EX Lancer, SOHC 4G63T conversion, heaps of turbo lancer bits, running, but fixing the diff at the moment :D
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

I was wondering this myself, I've heard the design of the type B injection setup is supposed to flow up to around 30% better.