dash head and piston tops

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
crshbndct
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by crshbndct »

Monty wrote:i tell you what i'm going to do i'm going to twim cam my baby it's gunna be better in the long run and more easy power

sooooooo.....

i have for sale one complete dash motor wiring loom exhaust manifold pretty much everything there i can put a turbo in if need be and.....

1* dash head and wiring loom and everything else to go with it so really theres two dash motors for sale with all the bits and pieces except one has no block so one is still in my car and in good nick while the other i just took the head off last night seems to be in good nick but i don't know the k's on it nor heard it running but its one of the cleaner heads i;ve seen so let me know if your interested they will be on trade me tonite or tom with pics

chow lee
give you 200 bux
Monty
Big Dorifto

Post by Monty »

maybe 200*4

it doesn't bother me how long these sit around for and the longer they do the more they are worth and if you offer stupid prices like that i'll just make it more
keepin it sideways 24/7
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

AB wrote:I think you'll need the pistons with the four valve recesses.
im running a dash head on standard 8v pistons without problems

the 'heart shape' relief on the 8v pistons is what you get when you put 3 valve reliefs on the top of a piston :wink:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Are you sure? I've seen it on a few other 80's turbo cars, that never came with a 3 valve per cylinder option... Im fairy sure some of the older 280z turbos had heart shaped dishes.
stariontron
I like starions more

Post by stariontron »

couldnt really tell you one way or another. but as far as im concerned, if you put three circular releifs together, you get a heart shape. couldnt tell you whether that's deliberate or not though. it might just be a more efficient shape, i hadnt thought of that. but it seems to me that most companies wouldnt go to the lengths of specifically shaping the piston heads any more than necessary, as this wouldnt be efficient. same reason they stick crappy cast manifolds on instead of sexy, sexy stainless ones :drool:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Fair nuff' Fair nuff. Its all conjecture and hear-say at the end of the day anyhow ;).
Monty
Big Dorifto

Post by Monty »

ok so just to update a bit more there are two choices here

first complete running motor and bits to go with it computer bla bla

and the sencond is the same but with no block easy as
keepin it sideways 24/7