starion vs pajero gerabox clever heads please

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

starion vs pajero gerabox clever heads please

Post by starion.gsrvr »

i just broke 5th gear on pajero towing new car from syd to brisbane.have starion gearboxes here friend told me today transfer box will bolt on to staz gearbox.any one who knows some thing please tell as.want to learn before i pay 2500 dolars for rebuilt pajero box...thanks all
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

Early 2.6 Pajero? No idea, but I know that 5th gear is notoriously weak.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
starion.gsrvr
OoOhhh BabY

gearbox

Post by starion.gsrvr »

gearbox i have is 2.0 litre and pajero is 2.5 litre diesel turbo 4d56 so think i grasping as straws...
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

4D56 may well be based on the same family of blocks as the 4G54 (sigma/magna/etc..). At least I know some of the mitsu diesels were based on petrol engine families...

Given that the starion gearbox bolts onto wideblock 4G54's (sigma astrons etc.) you may not be as far from luck as you might think.. may need to get out a tape measure and do some sleuthing.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.