Powerchip

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
nashstyle
I've been here before

Post by nashstyle »

flav wrote:You only would use more fuel if you needed it, for instance if you turned up the boost. Manufacturers make the car run a little richer than it should thus ensuring a safe working environment..so in actual fact you will gain a little more power 'leaning off the mixture' or bringing it to where it should be for a given condition. This does not mean making it 'actually' lean...just fine tuning. As far as the chip goes its a plug and play chip inside the ecu..remove the old, put in the new. I have one in the dash with a TC06/T3 turbo and without this chip the car is noticably slower and hits the fuel cut, although for some reason, with the chip in, it is a bitch to start sometimes so mabey i need to play with the tuning a little. I havent done much with it but when my dash buzzed past 7000rpm and was still boosting hard i thought this was worth the $200 i paid for it. You are all welcome to come and have a test drive. (this DOESNT mean burnouts at flavs expense!).
Yes this is exactly my understanding, too much fuel drowns the spark, I know this cos my car runs excesively rich up top (10.5:1). The only reason you want a bigger fuel pump or bigger injectors is cos you have fitted a bigger turbo or more boost and your standard fuel system cannot manage it. Idealy you want your fuel map to be set just before pinging point, that is where you are going to get the most power without blowing up your engine.
With your Dash^ what ECU do you have?
My gf lives in Doncaster, I wouldnt mind checking it out sometime.
I liek to flutter.
hollandgalant
[P] Plater austaz

Post by hollandgalant »

Some tuningchips comes with a fitting instruction to increase boost also and then a chip can gain that much power. For example increase your boost to 1.0 bar by using e.g. a bleedvalve and then the chip can increase the fuel cut en also increases fuelling for the higher boost, so you have to ask to powerchips if you haver to increase your boost also and if the fuel cut is increased within the chip.

I have had an HKS Fcon on my galant 1983 and it was working very fine although it was only connected to my fuel ecu and not onto the ignition, but I had to increase my boost also.
Starion_Turbo
Enthusiast king

Post by Starion_Turbo »

Having the power chip in the Starion requires a boost controller not sure if its counted in the price..
long ago I was looking at this product but decided that once my mods become more than the chip can handle its as good as junk and $500 + installation is a good portion of a after market computer system.
Powerplant: Chipped stock ECU, 2044cc, 8.5:1, head intake enlarged and polished, exhaust manifold enlarged,
Balance-shafts eliminated, Intercooled, TC06 @ 10psi, 2.5" high flow exhaust system and dump pipe.
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

I agree with you there about the cost. I was lucky enough to not have to pay too much for mine.