JB Oil pressure gauge

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

JB Oil pressure gauge

Post by fr335tyl3r »

Where abouts should the needle be sitting on this gauge at idle and under load? It seems to be lingering around the very bottom of the guage and only ever moving up 1/4 of the gauge. Is this too low?

What could cause this problem?
hcca
Enthusiast king

Post by hcca »

Mine does that.. I reckon the sender is rooted.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: JB Oil pressure gauge

Post by Cookiemonster »

fr335tyl3r wrote:Where abouts should the needle be sitting on this gauge at idle and under load? It seems to be lingering around the very bottom of the guage and only ever moving up 1/4 of the gauge. Is this too low?

What could cause this problem?
Sounds like your factory guage works exactly the same way as all other factory gauges I have seen. It works... but sits low enough to worry you.

Don't worry, it's normal. My factory gauge did the same thing... but an aftermarket sender and gauge showed plenty of oil pressure.
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Just to throw a spanner in the works , mine's factory and sits around 3/4 above 2000 rpm and 1/4 below 2000 rpm.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Powerslave wrote:Just to throw a spanner in the works , mine's factory and sits around 3/4 above 2000 rpm and 1/4 below 2000 rpm.
So did mine... after I cracked open the dash and 'fiddled' the gauge. You know, even though I knew the oil pressure wasn't any higher, I sure felt a lot better seeing that needle sit higher. Stupid human brain tricks.
Darkelf
RiceKing!

Post by Darkelf »

Mine sits at about a quarter at idle and at about 3 quarters under load. Always has unless the oil is low. Works quite well.
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

at idle mine sits at halfway and goes up to 3/4 when cruising.. I like it that way, so if I lose oil pressure I'll know. There's a previous thread dealing with thisproblem, they're not that hard to fix, carefully pull it apart and clean the sucker, they're not fluid tight sealed. So there's a chance that yours might have got water or oil in it...

http://austarion.com/forums/view ... ure+sender
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ