windscreen washer bottle

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Running a hose from the headlight washer bottle to the windscreen washers won't work right unless you run new electrics or remove the headlight washer relay behind the dash cause it only lets the headlight washer pump run for 1 second before switching off. Kelfy had major problems with this thing when i was over ages ago. can't remember what he did to get around it? i think he got a different washer bottle and wired that in.

Cheers
Ben
TD05
it's probably their firewall

Post by TD05 »

fr335tyl3r wrote:TD05...the main reason for moving the water bottle is so that u can get a pipe down to the open area below the drivers side headlight. This seems to be a better source for cold air than the normal side entry near the wheel type setup.

Where do other people have their cold air drawn from?
shouldn't be that hard to relocate that bottle somewhere else and ur right that is a better place for a cold'er' air intake... there goes another sunday.. :(
Kiss my st AZZ -
Starions rule the sports car world
GTI-R's are best in the wet..
Who needs Rock & Roll when there's JAZZ, Honda RULEZ
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

When you have #@$% all rom in your engine bay it aint simple to relocate :x
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

Camotec, all u would have to do is
cut the wires off the motor on the headlight bottle
cut the wires off the windscreen bottle
connect the wires that used to go to windscreen bottle to headlight bottle
run a hose from headlight bottle to windscreen squirters

that way when u push to spray the windscreen it will activate the motor on the headlight bottle and spray the windscreen..

if u push the button for the headlight washers it will do nothing cos the wires were cut..
Camotec
Track Daddy

Post by Camotec »

Yeah thats what i thought too man, but i am sure kelfy tried that, but yeah, have you checked the washer motor on the headlight bottle? cause i thought there was a difference there too. but i could be wrong.

Cheers
Ben
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

The motors are a common part. I stole the one from my Galant to use in the Starion. So Id imagine the headlight washer model was the same too. If its less powered, you can probably take the pump in and get a higher powered replacement anyway. Alternatively just cut the two containers, and use superglue to make one that works.

You can get the piping, and joiners for the new water pipes from any pet store (its the same as the air hosing for fishtanks). Cheap as.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
StarionBoy
i need to paint my car!

Post by StarionBoy »

if u wanna get rid of both bottles, run some tube from the windscreen squirters all the way to the back of the car to the back window bottle.. lol..

rofl