Widebody shenanigans IT MOVES!!!!!! YAY!!!! kinda :(

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
scum
I'm Banned!

Widebody shenanigans IT MOVES!!!!!! YAY!!!! kinda :(

Post by scum »

Got the widebody going lasnight and took it for a short spin. I now have the following Q's:

1.why does it go slow? It is nice and smooth but goes like the handbrake is on, btw, its not. Turbo seems fine. Blocked cat?

2.why did I forget to put the return line on the oil air separator

3.the stupid ABS pulsates, and when you put the breaks on not much happens, but if you push harder all of a sudden they come on really well.

4.why does it go so slow?

5.do you check the auto fluid with the engine on and in park? I never had an auto before, and don’t really want one now but im stuck with it ATM.

6.why so slow?

7.why does the power steering drop in and out?

8.slow?

9.why does it make a rattle at the front of the engine somewhere but goes away when I put it in park?

10.why does the STUPID FU%$ING chatter box not work?

11. does my lack of mechanical Speedo and digital pickup have anything to do with it going slow? I.e., does it think the car is sitting still?

12. why did ppl give me strange looks? was it the sight of a widebody, or the lack of bonnet?
I figured out the meaning of life, and since then every day just gets worse.

Warranty void if stupid.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Re: Widebody shenanigans IT MOVES!!!!!! YAY!!!! kinda :(

Post by Alspos »

Well done!!
scum wrote:Got the widebody going lasnight and took it for a short spin. I now have the following Q's:

1.why does it go slow? It is nice and smooth but goes like the handbrake is on, btw, its not. Turbo seems fine. Blocked cat?
Maybe, needs a tune?
You're a goose.
3.the stupid ABS pulsates, and when you put the breaks on not much happens, but if you push harder all of a sudden they come on really well.
That's what brakes do. ABS shouldn't be cutting in until you have a panic stop. Machine disks?
Push your foot down harder.
5.do you check the auto fluid with the engine on and in park? I never had an auto before, and don’t really want one now but im stuck with it ATM.
Engine off and in park on a level surface. Preferably when warm.
6.why so slow?
Something stuck under the pedal, a shoe, floor mat?
Bleed it?
8.slow?
Not used to Australian roads.
9.why does it make a rattle at the front of the engine somewhere but goes away when I put it in park?
The idle goes down when in gear, something is loose.
Try turning it on. Tune to Australian stations?
11. does my lack of mechanical Speedo and digital pickup have anything to do with it going slow? I.e., does it think the car is sitting still?
NFI?
12. why did ppl give me strange looks? was it the sight of a widebody, or the lack of bonnet?
Both. Perhaps it's just you?
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Alspos wrote:Well done!!
scum wrote:Got the widebody going lasnight and took it for a short spin. I now have the following Q's:

Maybe, needs a tune? -- naa, i mean sloooooooooowwwwwwww...
You're a goose. -- scum, actually.
That's what brakes do. ABS shouldn't be cutting in until you have a panic stop. Machine disks? -- i mean you push quite hard and nothing, then you panic and push real hard then whamo, the breaks start working just fine.
Push your foot down harder. -- all the way
Engine off and in park on a level surface. Preferably when warm. -- i dont think so, you.... wait, fair enough.
6.why so slow?
Something stuck under the pedal, a shoe, floor mat? -- your head? hehe, accel goes on all the way, checked that allready.
Bleed it? -- i hate pwr steering, you bleed the pressure line from the pump right?
8.slow?
Not used to Australian roads. -- might be on to something there.
The idle goes down when in gear, something is loose. -- thats what i thought, but if you rev it a little it dosent do it.
Try turning it on. Tune to Australian stations? -- not radio, thing under passanger seat.
NFI? -- why not?
Both. Perhaps it's just you? -- golly, thats not very nice

Warranty void if stupid.
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

scum wrote:
Alspos wrote:Well done!!

Maybe, needs a tune? -- naa, i mean sloooooooooowwwwwwww...
Maybe a collapsed muffler or something, you may have to start pulling bits off to find any blockages. Checked timing?
You're a goose. -- scum, actually. OK,you're scum.
That's what brakes do. ABS shouldn't be cutting in until you have a panic stop. Machine disks? -- i mean you push quite hard and nothing, then you panic and push real hard then whamo, the breaks start working just fine.
Bled brakes? Maybe a sticking master cylinder. Dunno, haven't had many brake problems.
Push your foot down harder. -- all the way - Tuning problem.
Engine off and in park on a level surface. Preferably when warm. -- i dont think so, you.... wait, fair enough. Good.
6.why so slow?
Something stuck under the pedal, a shoe, floor mat? -- your head? hehe, accel goes on all the way, checked that allready. Bad aerodynamics, put the bonnet on.
Bleed it? -- i hate pwr steering, you bleed the pressure line from the pump right? There's a nipple on the steering box. Jack up the car, turn lock to lock, run it, turn nipple, get fluid everywhere, something like that
8.slow?
Not used to Australian roads. -- might be on to something there. Glad to help
The idle goes down when in gear, something is loose. -- thats what i thought, but if you rev it a little it dosent do it. NFI now.
Try turning it on. Tune to Australian stations? -- not radio, thing under passanger seat. Dunno, maybe it pissed the previous owner off and they disconnected it.
NFI? -- why not? Does the ABS need a speed signal? Hmmm, may have interlinked problems. I doubt these cars were smart enough to need a speed signal for the engine to work well.
Both. Perhaps it's just you? -- golly, thats not very nice. Just saying..... you never know :) . Try wearing a balaclava and see if people still look, or turn away and you won't notice them looking.
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Slow is probably the automatic. Also it could be a vac line issue, if it has a dual line actuator, it may just be stuck on 5psi *shrug*

Two Galants Ive driven. One auto DOHC low ks new leads + plugs, another manual SOHC high k's and badly looked after. Seriously the SOHC one would absolutely kill my current auto. Dunno if its a wear and tear thing, but the older Mitsi autos seem to be slow as.

jrod82 has an auto GSR-X, perhaps he can comment on that more.

Chatterbox may not work when an aftermarket stereo is fitted, as the speaker cables were probably replaced. Also make sure the unit is turned on.

The idle going down/rattle tends to be common for Mitsi autos. Torque convertor 'stalls' the engine as such. Every auto Ive owned did that. The rattle nosie is something loose, and the vibration is making it shake.
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

The slow thing is hard to explain, but something is wrong. It takes 1 kilometre or so in 1st to get to 4500rpm, then it just wont rev any more but put it in neutral and it can hit the redline no probs. The rattle is some kind of consistent mechanical noise. I have tried to hook the chatter box up but no one can tell me what wires are the speaker output from the unit. Very weird :?

Warranty void if stupid.
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

scum wrote:. I have tried to hook the chatter box up but no one can tell me what wires are the speaker output from the unit. Very weird :?
sit there with a multimeter and see which wires have a modulating current when u set an event off, otherwise get a cheep cheep shitty speaker and do the same.. evenutally you will work it out..

failing that can u open it up and post a pic? Im sure iwireing can be sussed out from the PCB design.. I mean how complex can a buzz box be? :wtf:
---------
TVR T350C
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Speaker wires are blue and grey on mine.

Sounds like your auto or driveline was damaged during the shipping. Ill have a spare auto box in a week, but no idea what shipping is like for stuff like that (assuming that is the problem, I dont really know)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
Powerslave
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Powerslave »

Maybe one of your calipers are siezed , try lifting each wheel and turning it to see if you have a locked brake.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

blue and grey ay? Ill give it a go, cheers. And the turbo seems to work fine. The car also rolls really easy in neutral so I am lost for ideas right now.

Warranty void if stupid.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

maybe a fuel line or an injector is clogged?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

Well, it got a bit better last night, new fuel and a bit of a tune. the rattle is still there and definitely has something to do with the car being in gear, maybe the AT cooler rattling around? Cruse control and chatterbox still don’t work, breaks still pulsate, prob a stuck calliper. The auto really sucks. The TC-05 is way too small. The exhaust makes no noise what so ever, it really sucks too, need a 3”. The boost control thingy doesn’t seem to work, it gets stuck on 0.5 all the time, I put a big spring on the waste gate but it still wont go over 0.5? does anyone have
*vac diagrams
*elec diagrams
*specs like how much ignition timing I can get away with
*how much boost I can get away with
Also, I noticed after a run that the inlet side of the intercooler is quite warm but the outlet side is very cold, at least 10deg below ambient. I have never owned a frountmount before and I didn’t expect such a temp difference. Is it possible it is blocked?

Cheers all, pics of a very dirty widebody soon to come!

Warranty void if stupid.
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

have your tried disengaging the actuator line to see if it is actually see if it's a prob with the spring?
Watch your speed - It's virtually impossible to pick it out of the carpet if it gets blown off the table.
focus_7
Newcomer

Post by focus_7 »

Scum this is what intercoolers do......:)

Catch up with you over the weekend
scum
I'm Banned!

Post by scum »

focus_7 wrote:Scum this is what intercoolers do......:)
:x smart arse, i wand my gearbox back! Heathen cordia owner..

I didn’t think they where supposed to get cold just in one spot? I thought it was supposed to be a steady drop across the whole thing, not warm, warm, warm, cold. maybe its just me. can someone please tell me what manual gearbox will take the supposed 300 odd nm of torque? I f#@&ing hate that auto!! and I am looking for driver side rear-view glass again, if anyone in Perth has some can u pm me? cheers

Warranty void if stupid.