Sirius Dash Turbo G63B oil sump

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
gentleman
Newcomer

Sirius Dash Turbo G63B oil sump

Post by gentleman »

Hi guys, i'm a newbies here. I'm driving a Lancer EX with Starion 2000cc Sirius Dash Turbo in it. Recently my engine detonate as i suspect of oil sump pump failure. Is the sirius dash engine oil sump pump failure is a common problem? I've been thinking of doing a dry sump system. Is it worth it?
[---Drift Carefully---]
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: Sirius Dash Turbo G63B oil sump

Post by mrb1 »

gentleman wrote:Hi guys, i'm a newbies here. I'm driving a Lancer EX with Starion 2000cc Sirius Dash Turbo in it. Recently my engine detonate as i suspect of oil sump pump failure. Is the sirius dash engine oil sump pump failure is a common problem? I've been thinking of doing a dry sump system. Is it worth it?
What went wrong with your engine? I have never heard of an oil pump failure before.
gentleman
Newcomer

Post by gentleman »

It was running perfectly until it just stop and the engine can't be start anymore. My mechanic told me it is because of the oil sump pump. They told me to get a new engine....like a SR20. Argh! Is it possible because of sluggish inside the oil cooller that prevent the oil to move around?
[---Drift Carefully---]
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

Ive never heard of it being a 'problem' but weird things go wrong on the occasional motor, and of course wear and tear over the years, I guess the part just died.

So if you can get another motor, then do so, but only get a Nissan motor if you dont mind losing a little Mitsubishi pride :)

The thing to take note of here, is that the Starion did come with an oil pressure guage, and an oil pressure warning light, perhaps you should get something in the Lancer to notify you of an issue before its too late :)
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

gentleman wrote:It was running perfectly until it just stop and the engine can't be start anymore. My mechanic told me it is because of the oil sump pump. They told me to get a new engine....like a SR20. Argh! Is it possible because of sluggish inside the oil cooller that prevent the oil to move around?
It could also be from not changing the oil every 5000km :?