Multi Point injection

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Multi Point injection

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to do to make a Multi point injection system for my 2.6 engine. Can I take the entire system off of the 2.6 magna or do I need other parts? Obviously I need and EMS system but was just wondering the best & cheapest way to do it. I mean 1 way -> best, 2nd way cheapest. Understand?

Also, If I did this and had the EMS and a T04 turbo, will I need to harden the internals yet or can it hold off for a little while?

Thanks
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

I have an old Zoom magazine that has a Scorpion in it with a MPI setup.

I can send it to you if you want

ASHLY
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

help

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Yeah that might help. Thanks
Barney
Scorpion King

Post by Barney »

PM me your name and address
Get Stroked! 2.3ltr EVO engine
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Re: Multi Point injection

Post by mrb1 »

WidebodyWoody wrote:Can anyone tell me what exactly I need to do to make a Multi point injection system for my 2.6 engine. Can I take the entire system off of the 2.6 magna or do I need other parts? Obviously I need and EMS system but was just wondering the best & cheapest way to do it. I mean 1 way -> best, 2nd way cheapest. Understand?

Also, If I did this and had the EMS and a T04 turbo, will I need to harden the internals yet or can it hold off for a little while?

Thanks
Get a TN Magna manifold. You have to move the throttle body to the other end of plenum (recommend using a bigger throttle body). Requires cutting and welding and making some plates. Move the thermostat housing as well to make it neater. You need bigger injectors as well (Magna ones too small). Then you have to join it up to the intercooler.

I have a Magna head on mine but with the standard jet-valve head there may be a passage that needs blocking, not sure about this the US guy's were talking about it.
I have a Magna manifold for mine so it's on my "things to do list".

There is a recent "for sale" somewhere for a Magna manifold (throttle body moved but not thermostat) and Sigma turbo setup why don't you buy that? Sigma Turbo is too small but you get a split pulse T3 flange exhaust manifold and external wastgate.
Also you need a Magna distributor for the aftermarket EMS. They are good 2 hall effect sensors already installed.

I think standard internals will hang in there for a while. I would put a Magna head on when you do the big rebuild they are pretty cheap. They flow better than the jet-valve head.
mrb1
gtpumps.com.au

Post by mrb1 »

WidebodyWoody,
here is the link about the Magna manifold on jet-valve head issues. I assume you car has the same head?

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?b ... 1035001519
Scorpy
[L] Plates

MPI

Post by Scorpy »

Heres some people in australia that produce mpi manifolds already setup for RWD.

http://www.4gmitsubishi.com/

From what I can tell it takes the heartache out of finding someone to modify the setup.
Crossbred Scorpion

The Best of Both Worlds!