Upgrades to Widebody

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Chris 83JA
almost postwhore

Post by Chris 83JA »

That's a good 1/4 mile time. What's the state of the car at the moment?
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

state

Post by WidebodyWoody »

78752km on the clock and I look after the car alot. It is running 14psi.
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

I would do something about it, however, I have other more important commitments. But I will own one one day...
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Great to see that you got a mention on fullboost.com when you were at Willowbank the other night:
http://www.fullboost.com.au/story.php?s ... &year=2004

Lets see those times drop :)
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

results

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Ok guys just an update...

I entered the Brisbane Autosalon. I had atleast the 80% of the spectators who came in to look at the cars look and take photos of my widebody. Next, unfortunatley I didn't get any trophies but the club I entered in with we got the best club attitude award.

The next big news is this. At autosalon the dyno is free. So I went for it infront of a crowed of about a thousand spectators. The presentor announced that the next car up is Woody's 1988 Mitsubishi Starion Widebody. It is a 2.6 litre 4 cylinder rwd. The car is stock except for an exhaust. Anyway, the car went on and I was so happy with the result.

At the wheels
Power = 150.7HP, 112.3KW @ 128KPH
Torque = 396N.M @ 99 KPH
Motive Force = 820.4 LB @ 99KPH
Air fuel ratio was always around 12.0 and started around 11.0

This is all good readings for a stock staz with about 13 - 14 psi (don't know exact boost)
tmz_99
Harmful or fatal if swallowed

Post by tmz_99 »

thats awesome..:D I hope to enter AS one day as well.. altho I think the JA is too old..:( oh well..:(

good power figure..:D top work mate! :D *drools*
---------
TVR T350C
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

cheers

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Thanks. Next year I will have it modded to shit. I will try and take home the trophy for 4cyl RWD. :twisted:
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

I love your wheels, the look fucking swank on my old car:

quest
I love starions

Post by quest »

flatside look smart with polished widebody 16x7 wheels. I think you'll need the 'rare' 16x8 front wheels on the back if you wanted the wider look.
I did the 5 lug and 88 rear diff, conversion to my flatside. Lowered with no tail. Gonna do a custom front spoiler also.
Too bad I couldn't round up all the widebody starions and send em your way, since u guys seem to like em so much. Such a waste to see the starions that people throw away this side of the globe.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Personally im a fan of the narrowbody shape... Don't get me wrong, i would absolutley love a widebody, it would be the 3rd one i know of in New Zealand. I've seen pics of the 16x8 rears on a narrowbody, they *just* fit, with slight rolling of the guards, they look freaking awesome. It was a guy on the Starquest boards named 'Zac', funnily enough.
jrod82
StarioNZ.com

Post by jrod82 »

ProZac wrote:i would absolutley love a widebody, it would be the 3rd one i know of in New Zealand.
Wheres the other one?
GADGET
I love starions

Post by GADGET »

I know where a Sigma Turbo manifold (complete setup) can be sourced from in Adelaide I will have to hunt for the number but PM me if you are still interested.

He might want to sell his 2.6 with it. They are seperate I believe but He has been trying to sell this worked 2.6 for months. He might seperate the factory manifold as not bolted to engine?
TEAM SR: we brake for 1Jz's!
have u been roasted lately?
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

jrod82 wrote:
ProZac wrote:i would absolutley love a widebody, it would be the 3rd one i know of in New Zealand.
Wheres the other one?

hell, wheres the second one?
oz, here i come....
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

No, the one i bought would be the 3rd, i dont know of it yet, i only know of 2 :P

Other one is in ChCh, ive only seen it the once. Its owned by an older guy, and is one of 4 ever built with 4 wheels steering, to prototype it for the GTO. Its apparenbtly auto, and has a tc-04. It need TLC, but he wouldn't sell.

If i see it again i'll get the plates and then the guy address and harass him untill he does.
Defective
Enthusiast

Post by Defective »

mm, a mate txted me the other day telling me about a 'widebody' here in nelson... so i jumped in the mighty DX and screamed out to wakefield to have a look...

what do you think it was......

A- widebody

B- cordia

C- RX7 or

D- celica
oz, here i come....