intercooler advice

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
androoz
Enthusiast

intercooler advice

Post by androoz »

im planing on getting a front mount cooler for my JB VERY soon..

just want some opinions on what type to get.. some questions:

1) is it a bad idea to get a truck core made up? (i dont need fancy brand names, as long as it does its job)

2) whats a decent size to get? dont really need it to be as big as it can get to fit between the mounts..

3) should i consider trying to get one from a JD and above from the states?

4) anyone know a place where i can get cheap ready made ones, or a place that will make one to size in melbourne?

5) anyone know a place that will plumb it up for a good price in melbourne?

6) anyone have a good condition one to suit my JB for sale?

andrew
David
I like starions more

Post by David »

just want some opinions on what type to get.. some questions:

1) is it a bad idea to get a truck core made up? (i dont need fancy brand names, as long as it does its job)
A truck core is designed for flow more than cooling. It will probably work, but won't be optimal. If it was, everyone would do it.
2) whats a decent size to get? dont really need it to be as big as it can get to fit between the mounts..
Most people try to find a cheap intercooler that fits... If it looks like you can mount it, and you feel it's big enough, then it's big enough.
3) should i consider trying to get one from a JD and above from the states?
If it's a good price, sure. It's not *that* hard to put a JD intercooler into a JB. Took me half a day with a grinder.
4) anyone know a place where i can get cheap ready made ones, or a place that will make one to size in melbourne?
Radiator shops. Find one that does the recon inhouse, and doesn't send them out.
5) anyone know a place that will plumb it up for a good price in melbourne?
Sorry. Not in mel,
6) anyone have a good condition one to suit my JB for sale?
Sorry. Good luck hunting :)

David