problems

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
mackaman64
Dorifto!

problems

Post by mackaman64 »

Hi all as you might have seen in show and go i`ve just finished a paint job and engine rebuild,any way got a permit to give it a drive but it drives like a pig.
big dead spot off the line dead,dead spot at 2000 rpm,bunny hops etc sink the boot in and it goes good.
the only way to drive it is rev the shit out of it off the line and keep the engine away from 2000 rpm.
so what to start at ? injectors?,afm?,tps?,map sensor?ecu?
and has anyone got spec`s to check these items

regards Mackaman
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes. All the above.

In particular, check the output from the TPS, just hook a multimeter across the terminals, open and close the throttle and make sure you get good and continuous resistance readings.

Then...unplug whatever electrical connection you can and clean with a small file, sandpaper, whatever and contact cleaner.

Have you changed fuel filters? Has the car been sitting for a while with fuel in it? May have crap or varnish partially covering the fuel pickup.

Enough to start with?
mackaman64
Dorifto!

Post by mackaman64 »

yep replaced filter new fuel pump fitted 1 year ago but no use since then
fresh fuel,had a look at the connections but all looked clean no green corrosion,can we get a new tps? or one from another Mitsubishi , can check fuel pressure
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

mackaman64 wrote:yep replaced filter new fuel pump fitted 1 year ago but no use since then
fresh fuel,had a look at the connections but all looked clean no green corrosion,can we get a new tps? or one from another Mitsubishi , can check fuel pressure
Pull the fuel pickup out of the tank, the basket at the bottom may be gummed up from sitting fuel.

Just check the tps output, no need to replace if it's working ok.

Check your email too.
mackaman64
Dorifto!

Post by mackaman64 »

Hey just checked every connection and cleaned them all and what a difference the car gets off the line with no stumble revs nicely its a different car to drive thanks for your help
Mackaman :beer
Neil
Big Dorifto

Post by Neil »

Excellent news - and good to know - my JD has been a static ornament on the nature strip for the past 2-3 years so I know that this is a job I really need to do before its GO time (whenever that may be - could be another 3 years at the rate I'm travelling.... )
1987 JD Starion
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

mackaman64 wrote:Hey just checked every connection and cleaned them all and what a difference the car gets off the line with no stumble revs nicely its a different car to drive thanks for your help
Mackaman :beer
Good to hear :D
neil wrote:Excellent news - and good to know - my JD has been a static ornament on the nature strip for the past 2-3 years so I know that this is a job I really need to do before its GO time (whenever that may be - could be another 3 years at the rate I'm travelling.... )
You will need to pull the fuel tank and clean it, change the fuel filter and make sure the basket on the fuel pickup in the tank is clean.
mackaman64
Dorifto!

Post by mackaman64 »

Will wait and see tank was drained, cleaned, tank filter was cleaned
when fuel pump was fitted and only a small amount of fuel was in it after that.
Took it for a drive last night and it was great now to some suspension work
springs and shocks sway bars etc

mackaman