hks/performance camshaft

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
seb
Big Dorifto

hks/performance camshaft

Post by seb »

I'm looking at buying one for my 2.0l starion, has any one fitted one before? if so what sort of gains did you get etc? thanks
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

I found 3 starion performance cams while looking for 2 stock ones the other day.. No idea what they are though, they have come from random cars/engines I've bought over the years.

Camtech do a good grind, I am talking to a fellow in norway at the moment about sending a couple over there. I could probably sell u one of my mystery cams if you wanted to try a lucky dip? Our I could try to find another stock one to regrind & send you.

Ps I don't think hks made a 2.0 starion performance cam? Only 2.6?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

redzone wrote:I found 3 starion performance cams while looking for 2 stock ones the other day.. No idea what they are though, they have come from random cars/engines I've bought over the years.

Dave send me the cams, I am building Rhys engine at the moment & can degree them in & see what they are. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Sweet, pm me your address Derek
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

PM sent :beer

seb
Big Dorifto

Post by seb »

redzone wrote:I found 3 starion performance cams while looking for 2 stock ones the other day.. No idea what they are though, they have come from random cars/engines I've bought over the years.

Camtech do a good grind, I am talking to a fellow in norway at the moment about sending a couple over there. I could probably sell u one of my mystery cams if you wanted to try a lucky dip? Our I could try to find another stock one to regrind & send you.

Do you knoww hat sort of gains are to be had on a pretty much standard engine? A guy on the uk owners club has had a batch made up, he says it is for a 2.0l 4g63, i'll dig out the details of it, think it had a duration of 272degrees, Seb
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

seb wrote: Do you knoww hat sort of gains are to be had on a pretty much standard engine? A guy on the uk owners club has had a batch made up, he says it is for a 2.0l 4g63, i'll dig out the details of it, think it had a duration of 272degrees, Seb
I wouldn't go for anything less than this :beer

seb
Big Dorifto

Post by seb »

seb
Big Dorifto

Post by seb »

I have a found a place that can do a regrind for me, whats the best duration to go for in your experiences? the car is used on the road, so dont want it struggling to idle etc, thank you