cam sensor wiring

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
pajeroturbo
Dorifto!

cam sensor wiring

Post by pajeroturbo »

Hi i am now connecting my distributer on my starion engine.I am putting an optical type from a L300 it has 4 wires(red-black-yellow-white) can someone tell me which one goes where on the haltech e6x
davidbek95
I've been here before

may help

Post by davidbek95 »

on the autronic smc = yellow is cyl pulse trigger input,white =reference trigger input,red= trigger supply, black= trigger ground.
This may help you with the understanding of the wire as i never seen a wiring diagram for your computer,or go to a workshop that wires up your type of computer.
regards david
David
I like starions more

Read the manual.

Post by David »

Optical DIzzy's sometimes have +12v power, GND and often two signals - one for crank pos, the other for TDC in some cases.

You could probably guess it from there... (Checking an L300 engine manual is a good idea also).

In any event, if you contact the people you bought it from (or who sell it if you got it second hand) they should be able to tell you with regards to your specific set up. Also check their web page,

Regards
David
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jakobsladderz »

The Motec website has a decent list of engine sensor info, you might be able to find the Cam sensor info in there...
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
Will
Mine is bigger than yours

Re: may help

Post by Will »

davidbek95 wrote:on the autronic smc = yellow is cyl pulse trigger input,white =reference trigger input,red= trigger supply, black= trigger ground.
Assuming the above info is correct, then connect Red - Power and Black - GND as per the above description. Then connect yellow to 'Trigger' and white to 'Home' on the E6X. Choose Standard trigger with "Hall Effect" inputs which is the same type of signal as optical sensors. Make sure your injectors and ignition module are disconnected and crank the car while watching the RPM on the ECU software. Check that the cranking speed is around 150rpm to 250rpm or so. If its reading real slow, like 60rpm or less, then swap Home and Trigger wires.

Follow the manual from here on :wink: