Oil pressure gauge

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Richo3mo
[L] Plates

Oil pressure gauge

Post by Richo3mo »

The wire from the oil pressure gauge tends to come off sometimes.. Last time this happended it seemed to earth out against some part of the electrical system and the gauge now permanently reads full scale. There does seem to be a tiny bit of movement there so i'm thinking the gauge isn't completely ruined.. Is it worth trying to pull the instrument cluster off and physically moving the needle back or..??
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

The gauges are a wire-wound bimetallic style, very very similar to an ancient smiths gauge in how they work. It'd be worth pulling the gauge and seeing if there was anything obviously burnt or shorted. does it read full scale even with the ignition off?
Richo3mo
[L] Plates

Post by Richo3mo »

Yep..
mizuno man
Dorifto!

Post by mizuno man »

I would say the gauge is screwed, you can replace them.

I have on sitting on my bench at the moment and there is no reason why it won't work.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

The gauge is screwed, mine did exactly the same thing as Richo's.

I tried resetting/adjusting the gauge, only to find the moment the engine was started that the gauge went straight back up the top...and stayed there again.

:?
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
StarionJD
[P] Plater austaz

Post by StarionJD »

enthuzed wrote:The gauge is screwed, mine did exactly the same thing as Richo's.

I tried resetting/adjusting the gauge, only to find the moment the engine was started that the gauge went straight back up the top...and stayed there again.

:?
I have the same thing but my guage goes back to zero. I thought that I would buy the oil pressue switch. Any ideas where? My local Mitsu dealership could not help. Do Sigmas/Scorpions/Magnas have similar switches?

TIA
Jako
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I believe the early pajero one fits, part number is MD 092660.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five