fuel psi

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

fuel psi

Post by brettdodds88 »

Just woundering.if any one knows what psi should be running from my fuel pressure regulator to the injectors on a standed 84model ja starion sohc turbo. Well what should my fuel pressure regulator be set at/reading...thanks people
IF YOUV GOT A STARION TURBO WELL THATS THE GO LOL
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

Post by Starion VR4 »

43PSI with no vacuum supplied to it. 37PSI with it. :beer

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

Depends on the vacuum in your intake manifold. It maintains a 43psi difference across the injectors and the intake manifold.
John196701
I like starions

Post by John196701 »

the fuel pressure on a standard throttle body injection is around the 43psi mark, the pressure dose not change till you are on boost, the line from the regulator goes to the fitting just above the throttle body

JB Starion Black, owned since 1988
JB Starion Black, track car build
brettdodds88
Dorifto!

Post by brettdodds88 »

Hi guys thanks for that. I for got my motor now has 60thou over sized pistons and im running a eci setup but fully rebuilt so from my fuel pump to my fuel pressure regulator to the injectors the regulator gauge should be saying at idle around 37 to 43psi and yer its got the vac line to
IF YOUV GOT A STARION TURBO WELL THATS THE GO LOL
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

John196701 wrote:the fuel pressure on a standard throttle body injection is around the 43psi mark, the pressure dose not change till you are on boost, the line from the regulator goes to the fitting just above the throttle body
Yeah, Nah.

The fuel pressure above the injectors, with respect to the atmosphere, will be lower when there is vacuum in the manifold, as the manifold pressure is now negative with respect to the atmosphere.

The regulators job is to keep the difference in pressure above and below the injectors constant at all times. Thus it adds 1 psi of fuel pressure for each psi of positive pressure in the manifold, but it also goes the other way when the engine is idling or at cruise. Other wise, fir the same injector duty cycle, you'll get differing amounts of fuel delivered at different times.
coop1er
I've been here before

Post by coop1er »

The spec for fuel pressure is 245 kPa which is roughly 36psi. (Incidently the pump should flow 110 litres per hour at this pressure)

As the injectors are above the throttle plate and so is the fuel pressure regulator reference, they never really operate in a real vacuum, so fuel pressure will not go under 36psi.
ProZac
G33Kz0r

Post by ProZac »

crikey, you're completely correct! I was thinking in MPI terms, hah :-).