4G93

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
gtauto
Newcomer

4G93

Post by gtauto »

hi guys
can any one tell me what RWD gearbox will bult up to this block ?
i have been told that 2LT sigma might fit but not sure
i am looking to use one in a clubbie .
has any one done this or how they did
the motor is out of a 2003 proton which will pass ADR
any info will great
groege b :)
BUILDING MY DREAM CAR
SpidersWeb
postwhore!

Post by SpidersWeb »

None will bolt up to the 4G93. Mitsubishi never made a 4G9x series car with RWD.

If you mean the 4G63 twin cam 2L engine (used in Galant VR4 and Evolution Lancers), then I hear there is a Sigma model or similar which may have came with the 310mm bellhousing.

At any rate it'd be easier to just have your Starion 330mm bellhousing modified to suit, or using your Starion's existing 4G63 block with the twin cam bits on it.

If you are really wanting to put a 1.8L 4G93 in there (no idea why you'd even want to) then custom engine mounts, and custom gearbox bellhousing will be required, not to mention issues like the thermostat, exhaust manifold, etc etc
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV 4G63BT
1996 Nissan Maxima VQ30DE (for sale, suit someone who likes the feel of boats when driving)
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

gtauto wrote:hi guys
can any one tell me what RWD gearbox will bult up to this block ?
i have been told that 2LT sigma might fit but not sure
i am looking to use one in a clubbie .
has any one done this or how they did
the motor is out of a 2003 proton which will pass ADR
any info will great
groege b :)
the earlier 1.8 would bolt up to a 2 lt sigma box but I dont think the latter motors will
the frame for my clubby is using a 2 Lt boag warner 5 speed even though its not as strong as a jap box but being a lttle narrower the gear box tunnel can be made smaller and leaves some room for your feet
SpidersWeb wrote: At any rate it'd be easier to just have your Starion 330mm bellhousing modified to suit, or using your Starion's existing 4G63 block with the twin cam bits on it.

If you are really wanting to put a 1.8L 4G93 in there (no idea why you'd even want to) then custom engine mounts, and custom gearbox bellhousing will be required, not to mention issues like the thermostat, exhaust manifold, etc etc
the starion box is to big for almost any type 7 clone and there isnt a hope in hell of getting any starion motor passed ADR 79 for reg

as for 4G93 in a 650 kg car that works for me
it a pain trying to get good ADR 79 engines at the right price and the proton 1.8 sounds good ( is your engineer happy with this motor )
but you still may have to make up or mod a bell housing to fit it
the thermostat housing would be at the rear and thats not bad ether
just neads a swirl pot on the fire wall ( easier to get to to check coolant )
and no isues about the radiator being to low

cheater
gtauto
Newcomer

Post by gtauto »

Thank you for the info .

I have also been told that the 4G93 has been used in cars from arond 1994 to 2003 in mitsubishi some hyundis and protons so it should pass ADR but I will check .
BUILDING MY DREAM CAR
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

gtauto wrote:Thank you for the info .

I have also been told that the 4G93 has been used in cars from arond 1994 to 2003 in mitsubishi some hyundis and protons so it should pass ADR but I will check .
I have one myself from hyundi the same twin cam as lancers but to old to pass ADR 79

cheater
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

My Lancer gsr is 4g93t 141kw std see the show and go section if you want a pic but this would be the most powerfull version and is adr approved.
gtauto
Newcomer

Post by gtauto »

is that FWD or RWD?
if it is RWD what gearbox are you using?
BUILDING MY DREAM CAR
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

www.18u wrote:My Lancer gsr is 4g93t 141kw std see the show and go section if you want a pic but this would be the most powerfull version and is adr approved.
what year is it

cheater
fr335tyl3r
I'm Sorta Reformed!

Post by fr335tyl3r »

gtauto it is awd.
Multipoint Conversion Underway
http://starions.fr33z3.net/mpi/
www.18u
almost postwhore

Post by www.18u »

Its a 93 model awd but it mounts the same as the proton and the gearbox bolt pattern is the same.
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

www.18u wrote:Its a 93 model awd but it mounts the same as the proton and the gearbox bolt pattern is the same.
gtauto give up with that its 10 years to old to pass ADR 79 those years were still running ADR 37
its a shame cause the twin cam motor of that era is nice and compact and dose bolt up to sigma/galant gear boxs even the rear facing T/B and thermo housing fits in with the frame
as I said early it hard to find motors at a good price to keep you engineer happy

cheater
gtauto
Newcomer

Post by gtauto »

Mate the 4g93 that i am looking at is out of a 2003 mod
I have the regs for ICV here in QLD and if the motor is out of a new car that is under 5 years old it will pass.
cherrs
George B
BUILDING MY DREAM CAR
greenstaz82
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by greenstaz82 »

im pretty sure the sigma 2lt box will bolt up behind the 4g93 , ive seen a 4g93t using a 4g63t front wheel drive box , and im sure the 2lt sigma box bolts up behind the 4g63t (narrow block)
Rallyant
the2.6man

Post by Rallyant »

A thread for necromancy :)

Pajeri IOs have a RWD configured 4G93.
Unfortunately they have the wrong housing bolt pattern. But they came in GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and even GDI Turbo versions, the turbo version had more power than the Lancer GSR # Maximum Output - 143 kW (194 PS; 192 bhp) @ 6,000 rpm
# Maximum Torque - 270 N·m (200 ft·lbf) @ 3,000 rpm
But Australia never got the GDI :(

Id like to Turbo my Pajero IO with an easy swap like this, But i think ill end up having to just convert mine.
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

You don't want a GDI engine, trust me. They are very problematic.

The 2nd gen L300/Delica van in Japan came with a 1.6 SOHC 4G92 in the base model SWB from 1992 to about 1995, so there would be a factory RWD mounts etc available.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum