turbo oil feed pipe leak and other misc problems

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
matt g
[P] Plates

turbo oil feed pipe leak and other misc problems

Post by matt g »

im having trouble with my starion, baught it non working and put a new head on,

the main problem im having is the oil feed pipe for the turbo is leaking through the bottom bolt on the oil pump, and its a pretty serious leak to, almost like its not even tight or something. ive checked it and all looks clean and tightened it again and again but it still leaks and leaks, i can go for more than a 10 min drive before i have to fill up with more oil, :wtf:
ahh fixed the leak, hose had spilt, couldnt see or feel it when was in the car, should of got it out earlier :oops:

thers also a leak in the power steering pump right at the front where the shaft that the pully sit on comes out, dont think theres much i can do short of a reabuild or replace for that though,

and finaly shes running really rough at the moment, tried swapping maf, map, next on the line is computer, its really down on power and the boost guage is all over the place, not even sure if the vac lines are right, she drive ok, just down on power,

any help you guys could give me would be really appreciated,
filiboy
I like starions

Re: turbo oil feed pipe leak and other misc problems

Post by filiboy »

just replace it with new ones, or replace your oil. regarding the power steering leak, remove the pump or replace the factory hoses' ends with stronger adapters like the fuel ones
Xentro
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by Xentro »

Check if the map sensor will hold vacuum.

the little rubber seals in em tend to leak throwing off the vacuum/boost the ecu sees.

if its just a leak you can try to simply replace the o rings in the box..
Did it 7 years ago and it is still working like a charm
-------------------------------------------
83 2000EX runner.
88 2.0 Black Widebody DOHC evo 6 turbo at 1.7 bar
88 2.6 White Widebody. spun a bearing.
06 2.0 Lancer Wagon. daily driver.