Conquest mirrors

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Conquest mirrors

Post by Vulpes »

Has anyone fitted these ? I notice they have one huge nut on the inside. I dont have any interior trim pieces for these,, any ideas ?
JDSTAZ45
almost postwhore

Post by JDSTAZ45 »

Does the bolt fit thru the hole? I've heard the JA series cars may need this opening enlarged. The nut should have come with the mirrors!! The plastic trim shows up on ebay every now and then. All this can be picked up from the US. Or find someone dismantling a JB/JD with original mirrors....or use the JB ones from your recent buy. I'm sure Greg has original mirrors on his.

The real problem you will have with the conquest mirrors is the passenger side (US driver's side) will not move enough to have decent side vision. You will need to play around and modify this!!

:beer
Imports.
88 GSR-VR Widebody 2.6L
87 GSR-V 12V Dash 2.0L
NXTIME
Registry Nazi

Post by NXTIME »

Darryl, you went to the USofA and that is all you brought back with you???
Please register your vehicle details on the AUSTRALIAN STARION REGISTRY <HERE>

1 x 3.2T
1 x 2.8T
3 x 2.6T's
1 x 2.0T
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

They mount the same as JB/D. Need to adjust the mirror angles to use them properly (beyond the normal range of operation).
The convex drivers mirror is probably illegal, but awesome at removing the B pillar blind spot. Just drive aware that objects are closer than they appear.
4G63 - 87kg
4G54 - 107kg
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I have JA mirrors on the track car even though its a JB. Less wiring and friggin around with the JA mirrors for what I needed.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

i have the US ones on my car.

you need to grind out the hole for the large nut and i have also used the covers that you get on a jb/jd with elec ones.

but the passenger side sucks cant see out of it.

and i cant see how i can make it work unless i pull the stock mirror glass off and space out a new glass!

when i get back my hard drive i will post some pictures.

but they do look cool!

Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

I take it that the US mirror is manually adjusted but done from pushing on the glass. No levers & def non-electric...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Vulpes
almost postwhore

Post by Vulpes »

thanks guys, they are definately electric.
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

what if you swapped the wb mirror+motor unit for a ja/jb mirror/motor unit and just used the wb housing?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol