Wheel Bearings

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
bridgey
Mine is bigger than yours

Wheel Bearings

Post by bridgey »

Where in NZ would I get one of these?
87 GSR-V, Factory DASH, Rebuilt bottom end with arp rod bolts and balance shafts removed, head reconed with 3 angle valve grind, TD05 housing machined out to take Garrett T4 internals, rebuilt and cryoed gearbox
Junkers
Formerly StazzyBabyYeah

Post by Junkers »

Repco, I'm pretty sure we still do them.
kiwieurospec
Enthusiast

Post by kiwieurospec »

Or any bearing shop with the samples.
1985 Widebody Factory Four Wheel Steering
1986 Euro Spec-ABS,LSD etc
Johnyturbo
Big Dorifto

Post by Johnyturbo »

I have just been chasing some Wheel bearings up myself and managed to get front and rears, you will need to get them in a kit though so you get new seals as well.

I tried repco first for this and they had the part numbers but manufacture for the parts themselves. i ended up going to a bearing shop and got a kit for each Conner.
if you have had no luck let me know and ill source you the part numbers for the front and rear.

while I'm high jacking this post, has anyone got any tips for doing wheel bearings this will be my first attempt. is there anything i should know about the front Starion the bearings looked like just knock out and "press in with care" types when i was looking at them. the rears look a little different though
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Got mine from Saeco Bearings, they had the correct kit for them.