Oil catch can question ?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
filiboy
I like starions

Oil catch can question ?

Post by filiboy »

I've read a lot about this but I could't find an answer to what I did, although I haven't started my engine yet. Many posts advise to buy an oil catch can with filter on the top. However, I still need vacuum for the oil mist. So I put an oil filter on the valve cover oil mist exit, and I'm going to use the stock oil catch can fоr the crankcase (sump) exit only with vacuum from the intake. Is this correct ? :beer
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Should be fine, the one from the top of the rocker cover normally goes to the emissions canister in the engine bay.
rodney007
I love starions

Re: Oil catch can question ?

Post by rodney007 »

filiboy wrote:I've read a lot about this but I could't find an answer to what I did, although I haven't started my engine yet. Many posts advise to buy an oil catch can with filter on the top. However, I still need vacuum for the oil mist. So I put an oil filter on the valve cover oil mist exit, and I'm going to use the stock oil catch can fоr the crankcase (sump) exit only with vacuum from the intake. Is this correct ? :beer
i dont run any catch can, i run a hose from my sump breather somewhere for it to be open.

and a filter on cam cover.

done....
filiboy
I like starions

Re: Oil catch can question ?

Post by filiboy »

rodney007 wrote:
filiboy wrote:I've read a lot about this but I could't find an answer to what I did, although I haven't started my engine yet. Many posts advise to buy an oil catch can with filter on the top. However, I still need vacuum for the oil mist. So I put an oil filter on the valve cover oil mist exit, and I'm going to use the stock oil catch can fоr the crankcase (sump) exit only with vacuum from the intake. Is this correct ? :beer
i dont run any catch can, i run a hose from my sump breather somewhere for it to be open.

and a filter on cam cover.

done....
so u dont need a vacuum to pull the oil mists ?
rodney007
I love starions

Post by rodney007 »

its an oil breathing outlet for the engine, and mist is a result of that

the vaccum line is probably something for the flow back into the intake and the valnas sensor to that...