anyone know about upgrading brakes on a scorp?

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
airbats801
Enthusiast

anyone know about upgrading brakes on a scorp?

Post by airbats801 »

I cant get an answer on s-g, probably because it's down every other hour.

Looking to know what I need to adapt the starion brakes to a 81 scorpion. I was comparing brackets on the rear and they dont match up. I havent aquired front brakes yet, but I wanted to know before I get too much more stuff collected what I need to get decent brakes on this thing.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
cheaterparts
I love starions

Re: anyone know about upgrading brakes on a scorp?

Post by cheaterparts »

airbats801 wrote: Looking to know what I need to adapt the starion brakes to a 81 scorpion. I was comparing brackets on the rear and they dont match up.

I need to get decent brakes on this thing.
thats strange I use staz brakes and have had them on scorp mounts
just slide on the vented discs and bolt the calipers on I may have put a washer between the mount and caliper to centre it on the disc

I now use a datson H190 diff and use the scorp mounts welded to the datson diff although I had to machine up some spacers to centre the caliper on the discs - the bolt spacing is correct though

as for decent brakes the staz brakes arnt that flash I run them on a N/A track car that weighs 990 Kg ( 2180 Lbs ) and will up grade when I turbo

as for the front I used staz struts then everthing fit easy

hope that is some help
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

weird the calipers I had didnt look interchangeable. I'll have to take a closer look. Seemed like the bolt spacing was off about a inch,.=
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

you using narrowbody brakes?
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MrBishi
nearly postwhore

Post by MrBishi »

live axle or IRS?