4G32 Twin Cam Engine

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
RallyStarion
Big Dorifto

4G32 Twin Cam Engine

Post by RallyStarion »

Sorry about the subject folks but would anyone know of a similar web site to this that tends to deal with the Lancer / Galants of the 1970's. I am after any information on the 4G32 twin cam engine that was released in the Colt Galant GTO around 1970 ish. I have one that has dropped a valve and taken out #3 piston and with a bit of time on my hands I've decided to rebuild it. The bottom end appears to be the same spec as a single cam engine but thats about it.
As usual any help appreciated.
Brian.
Dirt is for racing on, Bitumen is for getting there.
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

There is very little info out there on these rare engines and the normal place to go for info would be www.sigma-galant.com but at the moment the site is down.
There is also a little info on this website.
http://www.hoonboy.com/mitsutech.html
If you can get a hold of hoonboy he'd be able to give you a bit of info.
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

Besides there are a heap of knowledgeable mechanics on this forum that can help you out like Flav and Dave.
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Post by flappa »

Last I heard on the Lancer grapevine hoonboy was selling his twin cam. Probably check ebay if interested.
cheaterparts
I love starions

Re: 4G32 Twin Cam Engine

Post by cheaterparts »

RallyStarion wrote:Sorry about the subject folks but would anyone know of a similar web site to this that tends to deal with the Lancer / Galants of the 1970's. I am after any information on the 4G32 twin cam engine that was released in the Colt Galant GTO around 1970 ish. I have one that has dropped a valve and taken out #3 piston and with a bit of time on my hands I've decided to rebuild it. The bottom end appears to be the same spec as a single cam engine but thats about it.
As usual any help appreciated.
Brian.
Brian one of the guys on sigma/galant was selling a twin cam 4g32 the site has been down
but I think I have his email address some where

PM sent
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

only contact i've had with one of those engines was a guy doing the QRC with one in an early lancer sedan back in the 90's. sounded absolutely incredible, had twin webers, full engine build. dont have any info sorry..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au