what brake pads are available

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
starion84
Big Dorifto

what brake pads are available

Post by starion84 »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a list on here somewhere of what brake pads are available for the starion? I am looking for a new set of front pads, currently I have got bendix standard on the front and ferodo excel on the back.
Cheers
cheaterparts
I love starions

Re: what brake pads are available

Post by cheaterparts »

starion84 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a list on here somewhere of what brake pads are available for the starion? I am looking for a new set of front pads, currently I have got bendix standard on the front and ferodo excel on the back.
Cheers
there arn't a lot of options on the shelf these days
but if its any help I use Potterfield carbon kevlar fronts ( great performance and kind on discs )
I think I still run metal kings in the rear but the supply of metal kings have dryed up to I think

If you need potterfield fronts I know that the guys I get them off bought in more from the states and had them on the shelf
http://www.vicspiteri.com.au/ contact no is on there web site
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
BILLLAKSTINS
Newcomer

Starion pads available use... DB1141

Post by BILLLAKSTINS »

Hello, well yes there is a huge range of pads out there for Starions, although its the best secret around, . Toyota Hilux has a pad nearly identical and fits perfectly. I fitted some QFM pads ( db1141 track day) in my Tarmac Rally Staz, does low 24's at Mallala all day with no brake issues. They are about $100 a set , thats 200 to 300 less than the exotics around. The only small issue, they miss about 3 mm on inner part of the rotor as theey have a slight differnt shape there , but for the money i can live with that. You can also buy them in Ultimate and ferodos. Cheers Bill