Staz motor to scorp

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Staz motor to scorp

Post by jwebb2876 »

I know its not a staz but can anyone tell me what I'll need to drop a SOHC 4G63 into my scorpion? Mounts, etc? Its a '78 with a 2L and a Jap 5spd. And would the Scorpion diff handle the power bump?
Thanks guys
Josh
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

It's been done before.
Straight bolt in with the starion engine mounts. Gearbox you can either use the starion box and put in the hydraulic clutch or use a sigma 2.6 wideblock box to retain the cable clutch.
And scorp diff should hold the power. The sigma guys use the gh scorp ones as an upgrade which can be identified by the 10 bolts being on the front of the diff where as the borgwarner diff has 8 bolts on the rear. And if it doesn't hold the power then there isn't many options for under a grand. Only upgrades for diff are pretty much custom hilux or 9inch etc.
Also are you using the standard computer system or an aftermarket system.
Also you'll need a electric fuel pump and if you want a surge tank for prevention of any fueling issues.

Also for more info check out www.sigma-galant.com.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'd be running a multipoint manifold and aftermarket ecu in it straight up mate, a LOT more reliable that way, and easier to fit..
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

just all standard until i can afford the good stuff guys i'm only on $115 a week
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

trust me, dont bother with the stock injection, you will probably spend more doing it that way. they tend to leak out the side of the injectors and its not fixable. buy a s/h ecu (even a fuel only) off ebay, and a L300 manifold, and a set of CA18det or GTIR injectors, if you run the fuel only PM me and i'll tell u exactly what u need to make it work....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.

jwebb2876
I've been here before

Post by jwebb2876 »

Ok I have a cooked carby L300 engine sitting around at home the pistons and stuff aren't discoloured or anything and everything else looks ok. Can I use it as the base or would I be better off looking for another one? Also, where would I be able to pick up a cheap surge tank?
thanks
Josh
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

dont bother with a non turbo engine if ur gonna turbo it, buy a staz motor, they're not expensive..