Usa diff

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
spinners
I like starions

Usa diff

Post by spinners »

Hi guys,thinking of getting a lsd and touqe tube from the USA its from a 87 flatty.Will I need the axles as mine starion is a JA,Are the splines the same,ie -slot straight in?I dont want to get the diff and find out I need the axles too?Thanks :D
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Yours wont be a JA, that's for the Australian models only. If NZ-new it will be a clone of the Euro-spec Starion or it will be a Jap import. Both are A183A models. Both will have 4 bolt driveshafts so as long as the diff from a USA '87 flatbody has four bolt driveshafts you will be fine if you use both the diff and torque tube which suits.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

dirtygalant wrote:Yours wont be a JA, that's for the Australian models only. If NZ-new it will be a clone of the Euro-spec Starion or it will be a Jap import. Both are A183A models. Both will have 4 bolt driveshafts so as long as the diff from a USA '87 flatbody has four bolt driveshafts you will be fine if you use both the diff and torque tube which suits.
Hi.Yes my Starion is a 83 N.Z New EX.That all I need to know.

It shouldn't cost much as i'm getting the shipping for free from USA to New Zealand(work perk) :drool:
Thanks Dirtygalant :beer
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

spinners wrote:
dirtygalant wrote:Yours wont be a JA, that's for the Australian models only. If NZ-new it will be a clone of the Euro-spec Starion or it will be a Jap import. Both are A183A models. Both will have 4 bolt driveshafts so as long as the diff from a USA '87 flatbody has four bolt driveshafts you will be fine if you use both the diff and torque tube which suits.
Hi.Yes my Starion is a 83 N.Z New EX.That all I need to know.

It shouldn't cost much as i'm getting the shipping for free from USA to New Zealand(work perk) :drool:
Thanks Dirtygalant :beer
Did i hear free shipping from the USA?????
Wanna grab a few diffs and some widey panels as well then haha :twisted:
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

along with some widebody wheels? :P
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
Alspos
Flucking kwankers

Post by Alspos »

Yes it should fit your axles. To double check, have the seller pull the shafts, measure the diameter and count the splines. Then compare against what you have.
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

Did i hear free shipping from the USA?????
Wanna grab a few diffs and some widey panels as well then haha :twisted:[/quote]

HaHa.Trust me I would if I could.They can just squeeze the diff on top of the pallet we're getting from the USA.It took a bit of convincing the boss(Hasseling the crap out of him) :D
BILLLAKSTINS
Newcomer

Post by BILLLAKSTINS »

Hi Mate, yes your ja 4 bolt shafts should fit, Oscar supplied the USA widey torque tube to match a large type LSD I found locally, all bolted strait in.