4g54 (2.6) in starion

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Paddles
Newcomer

4g54 (2.6) in starion

Post by Paddles »

hey guys,

ive just bought a starion and has no motor in it but has gear box and the rest of the car and i believe the 2.6 fits into starion and up to starion gear box, i just need to know i think about which flywheel to use and clutch a sigma one or starion one also does the starion box fit straight up to 2.6??

engine mounts do sigma ones on 2.6 fit onto starion cross member or are starion mounts required to fit 2.6 into engine bay or custom ones??

cheers paddles
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

welcome to austarion!

use a 2.6 wideblock pattern and it bolts up fine. starion flywheel and clutch bolt up to 2.6. could probably use the 2.6 stuff fine too. so why keen on the 2.6? they can make some grunt alright, but make the car more nose heavy
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
OLD FART
Austarion Occupant

Post by OLD FART »

Welcome to a G R 8 site & an empty wallet young chippie
Cheers
Old Chippie
I've had mine since 03 07 92
85 JB 2323cc DOHC 4G63
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
GROWING OLD IS MANDATORY GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL
Paddles
Newcomer

Post by Paddles »

hey, thanks for the reply. im keen on the anchortron cos i have a triton as a daily and that has one and also have a 84 scorp with original sigma turbo set up on a 2.6 with a bit of this and that, but inthe shed i have a 2.6 wide block magna head plus injection, only thing im missing is turbo and manifold and a aftermarket comp, i have either sigma fly and clutch or starion fly and clutch, thats the main reason i was going to go 2.6 but i do know where an original starion 2.0 is and i could find a twin cam head for it, so both ways are possible.

paddles
airbats801
Enthusiast

Post by airbats801 »

if you have the cash, buy a fidanza 240mm flywheel for the starion. Takes about 24lbs off the engine and the engine response is so much better. 11lbs vs a 35lbs stock 240mm. You willw ant to get a 240mm clutch adn flywheel setup if possible THe 225 wont grip much on a turbo g54b making any power. Maybe a 225 and a 6 puck would be fine for somedecent power though. I know hks use to make a 10.9lbs or so chromolly flywheel in 225 back in the day.
'78 Colt cp, 80 challenger "scorpion" 5spd g54bt conversion almost complete, '80 plymtouh arrow "might max" , '90 mitsu terror van "spacewagon"
80's Hero
cheaterparts
I love starions

Post by cheaterparts »

airbats801 wrote:if you have the cash, buy a fidanza 240mm flywheel for the starion. Takes about 24lbs off the engine and the engine response is so much better. 11lbs vs a 35lbs stock 240mm.
if you go down this route superscan811 from sigma-galant.com has a brand new 6 puck 240 clutch that is sitting here he may wont to sell

getting weight off the flywheel helps a lot with the 2.6 I have just finished a new flywheel myself that weighs 2.9 Kg without the ring gear that will be 3.3 gear fitted ( 7.3 pound ) and the clutch 2.3 Kg for a single plate tilton 7 1/4"

making the total weight of 5.7 kg for flywheel/clutch ass ( 12.5 pound )
building this light is not for everyone and starts have to be timed right but as its a track car and there is only 1 start per race it can be lived with

when I turbo later I will change to a twin plate that adds about a kg
cheater

2.6 sigma IPRA spec

projects
E21 323 JPS bimmer
type 7 clone sports car
Paddles
Newcomer

Post by Paddles »

thanks for all the info, i pick up the old girl tomorrow, have to fix radiator support then shes right for an engine.

paddles