wierd difference between imports and Aus starions

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Australian JA's and JB's came with a TC-06 turbo as standard.
RXCORP
Big Dorifto

import

Post by RXCORP »

oh yeah my import came with a tc05 plus a CAT too
Rev
I like starions

Post by Rev »

oh yeah my import came with a tc05 plus a CAT too
Yeah, same here..
zaidja83
I like starions

So we can only assume

Post by zaidja83 »

So we are only assuming that Import Starions that have a standard Sirius motor with a tc-05 can produce 200ps?

How do we know for sure??????
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Post by Cookiemonster »

Where did this 200ps figure come from?
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

200 WITH A TC05

Post by WANTSOM »

Just to clarify...

Mitsubishi quoted 149kw from the Sirius 8v motor with intercooler fitted. DASH 12V was quoted at 175KW with Intercooler and Ralliart (UK) DASH 12V head variant developed for their rally car was 'said' to be good for 250.

Fact or fiction... who really knows or cares.

I can tell you for real that the motor in my track car (12V DASH) put out 220hp (apprx 150kw) at the wheels on Buckley Street dyno when it was built 5 years ago. That is fact.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: 200 WITH A TC05

Post by Cookiemonster »

WANTSOM wrote:Just to clarify...

Mitsubishi quoted 149kw from the Sirius 8v motor with intercooler fitted. DASH 12V was quoted at 175KW with Intercooler and Ralliart (UK) DASH 12V head variant developed for their rally car was 'said' to be good for 250.
Those figures seem extremely optimistic to me.
flappa
Lancer is the answer

Re: 200 WITH A TC05

Post by flappa »

WANTSOM wrote: Ralliart (UK) DASH 12V head variant developed for their rally car was 'said' to be good for 250.
Very much fiction, no Group A starion, touring car or rally car EVER ran the 12v DASH head. To my knowledge that head was not even homologated for use in Group A.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

IMPORTS

Post by WANTSOM »

Like I said fact or fiction who really cares. My post said that was what Mitsubishi quoted.

Also my post said the UK head was developed for the rally car and "said" to be good for 250. I didnt say they ran it.

Also just to clarify - the 220hp was with Haltech E6A, hi flowed tc06/split pulse exhaust. Comp was 8.5:1 so clearly not a stock motor. Also as we all know HP varies dyno to dyno and depends on air temp/humidity and host of other factors but that was an actual reading and straight from the horses mouth.

BTW - yes I forgot to take my grumpy pills today so feeling a bit p/offed. I'm not trying to argue the validity of peoples/manufacturers HP claims or whatever just add some dimension to the post.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
zaidja83
I like starions

Fact or fiction

Post by zaidja83 »

yes...yes...yes...
Starions and kw's from starion engines is not the be all and end all, but it is good to get the facts straight when talking about a particular topic.
I only brought it up because their a few variants in power between Imported Starions and Australian ones.

But thanks to all.....It sure has cleared that confusion.
Cookiemonster
Mother Goose

Re: Fact or fiction

Post by Cookiemonster »

zaidja83 wrote:But thanks to all.....It sure has cleared that confusion.
Actually Im more confused than before.
StarionChef
Creme Brulé

Post by StarionChef »

confusion? more like speculation :)
Ford G6ET 458wkws
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Confusion

Post by WANTSOM »

Cookie,

Confusion is a by-product of the aging process. One just seems to go hand in hand I found.

I have adjusted to it now and have adopted the "WTF" approach and just move on to the next issue in my life (and get confused again at that point).

I am attending "dealing with confusion classes" every Wednesday night if you want to tag along. The only problem is I am confused as to what time they start and have missed a few.

Give Dr Kelf a call he knows the venue (some nursing home on the northside I think) and can help as well. Ron is the teacher.

:lol:
Starion VR4
almost postwhore

HORSEPOWER

Post by Starion VR4 »

This horsepower deal, i worked at Bryants Engeering works in Brisbane, worked on DJR engines( Sierra, Mustang,XE Falcon) B&H Racing(Tony Longhurst) we dynoed their engines and came up with say 450Hp, by the time it got to the track and the Boffins on TV got hold of it it became 550-600Hp, if the Supercars of today have 620Hp (5.7 litre, pump fuel, 7500RPM limit, good torque/driveability) I'll stand naked in Queen St mall!
A sprint car chev 383CI methanol 12-14:1 compression, no rpm limit, all the trick gear from the states, can only produce 600hp Dynoed.

What it all comes down to is torque/driveability/handleing and getting the power to ground, my Starion only had 156Hp (APC Dyno), ran it at Queensland raceway and walked past most cars (all but 2 of 40, supporting video), we have all seen a 847hp supra doing dyno run, what a wild ride on the street that would be. 8)

30PSI,2.4L! Wolf 3D Ver 4. VR4 Head.
pcuser51
I like starions

Imports and aus starions

Post by pcuser51 »

:shock: i thought this thread was to do with the difference between imports and aus starions eg:starquests have 5 stud wheels and we have four is this true :roll:
CHEERS ALAN