Need advice with some repairs

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Need advice with some repairs

Post by jakobsladderz »

Hey peoples,
Just in the process of getting rego done on a JA, there's a couple of things need fixing and I needed some advise.
The roadworthy bloke has said the pitman arm is gone. is it common that the splines would give way and leave the arm moving or is it more likely that the ball joint on the drag link is gone and he's just figured it's the pitman arm? Either way, where can I get these bits from?
Where's the best place to get suspension bushings (front sway D-Link and castor rod bushings)?
Brake hoses - the current ones are split?

Cheers,
Duncan.
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

The pitman arm doesn't stuff it, it's more likely the bushes in the idler arm (the other side) are shot. Mitsubishi have the bushes for sigmas still in stock - believe it or not- and are the same part.

There was a post a while back about drag link replacement/reco, someone here will know and probably dig it up....

A good starting point is the idler arm bushes, they will take most if not all slack out of a factory slack recirculating ball set up.

As for the other suspension bushes, have you got a Pedders up that way? Or Bursons? Those can be ordered over the counter and may even be in stock.

Brake hoses = Try Bursons or go to a brake place with an old one - if they don't have them they'll make 'em up....

Go forth Duncan, good luck...
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
JJH
Enthusiast

Post by JJH »

Hi Duncan,
Pretty sure redzone is the one for recoed drag links.

I have a full set of brake hoses that are practically brand new; they've done maybe 2500ks tops. I've now got braided lines so I don't need them any more; drop me a line if you're interested.

enthuzed is on the money for the rest of the gear.

:beer
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yes i have reco drag links in stock, $165 EXCHANGE! have to have the old one here then i ship the new one....
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
flav
Austarion Occupant

Post by flav »

do what yr roadworthy man says....he needs to know all that kind of info before he's allowed to have a certificate to let him do RWC work, and they arnt so easy to get/keep.
jakobsladderz
Mine is bigger than yours

Thanks

Post by jakobsladderz »

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for your help and advise - got the roadie sorted out today. One more ja ready to go.

Cheers,
Dunc :beer
Trispen - A form of intelligent grass. It grows a single, tough stalk and makes its home on lawns. When it sees the lawnmower coming it lies down and pops up again after it has gone by. (Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff)
JA Starion - Mechanic's Training and on-road EFI testing laboratory.