NA VR4 parts fit starion???

All technical questions and answers regarding starions, being modifications to maintenance.
spinners
I like starions

NA VR4 parts fit starion???

Post by spinners »

hi guys.Can you use NA coilpacks,front timing cover.cas from a 89 dohc galant on a vr4-starion conversion-ive already got a vr4 head and loom.I assume it should work.The inlet manifold fits and has a larger throttle body on it.Has anyone tryed or heard of some one doing this thanks :D
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

yes!
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

cheers for that redzone.Parts are heaps cheaper than vr4 parts,just wanted to make sure the oil pumps were the same :)
gilby
[P] Plater austaz

Post by gilby »

hey man. what happened to the 12V? goin dohc nw aye. its totally worth it. feel free to bowl round and hav a browse at my dohc to see how its done, and give you some inspiration :D
1986 Eurospec
1987 DOHC GSR-V
1981 EX Lancer
2000 VX Commodore
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

sounds good -yer i already had a vr4 head etc,dash parts are rare as rockn horse shit .giving my dash to brother for 16l colt
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

dont go with the n/a inlet manifold
its a urban myth they are better

youl lose a shit load of mid range torque
spinners
I like starions

Post by spinners »

dont the vr4 manifolds have butterfly valves in them?the only reason why i was going to use a na one is that 1-i already have 1 2-less things to crap out.can you just disconnect them and it will run fine?
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

the butterfly valves are they thing that give you extra torque
they basically act like a variable inlet length system
i havent heard of them being a problem

cant remember exact figures but there was some us site that did a test but you end up losing something like 40nm down low

they are all trying to get a hold of them as the dont come out on U.S cars
FST4RD
almost postwhore

Post by FST4RD »

I was reading that a guy in chch did a dyno test on both n/a and VR4 mani's and there was 5 eighths of f#ck all differences between the 2. I think if you were running BIG hp then the n/a was the one to go for...
Sold - 1987 Mitsubishi Starion GSR V DASH
Current - 1995 Subaru Legacy TT SW
- 1983 Mitsubishi Starion
groupAralliart
BATHURST LEGEND 07

Post by groupAralliart »

I have also asked around and heavily researched the same question and from all accounts if you went by the seat of your pants you would not know the difference. Top end the na is better, down low on a std turbo VR4 butterfly torque tube is bee's dick better - anti lag is the official technology speak. If you are going to buy one anyway and don't mind the fiddle buy VR4/EVO. I have a na and will go that route with every other variable I don't think I will ever know the difference other than the dollars in my wallet.
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

the guys in the states ran basically back to back dyno runs on the same car just changing manifolds

n/a flowed 1/2hp more up top or something stupid

reason most people believe the n/a one is better up top is due to the fact that you lose so much down low it feels so much better up top LOL