Need a turbo o2 housing for dohc setup

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
idriftnaked707
[P] Plates

Need a turbo o2 housing for dohc setup

Post by idriftnaked707 »

Hello everyone. My setup is complete and all I need is a custom turbo o2 housing for the dohc conversion. Im running a evo3 big 16g and I want to stay with the internal wastegate. Anyone willing to fabricate something for me and ship to the u.s.a. Let me know pleeease! I can't find anyone on this part of the world to help me out. Please help.
Many thanks in advance
David
Chicks dig big turbo's!!
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

Hey David,

wouldn't it be easier to get something fabricated in the US? I don't think anyone has started mass producing O2 housings for the RWD use of big16g, or exhaust manifolds too for that matter.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum
idriftnaked707
[P] Plates

Post by idriftnaked707 »

Yes, I agree it would be easier. But I am one of only a handfull that have the setup in the u.s. And plus I would need to tow the car around so anyone can get measurements. But you guys would know what length and style already. And the price id pay for shipping from you guys plus the part and labor would still be cheaper and save me the hassle and time of renting a trailer and lugging the car around. I really wish I had some welding skills otherwise id tackle this myself. But pretty much im desperate at this point. Who do you recommend that I talk to on the site for this?
Thanks again
Chicks dig big turbo's!!
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

how far from the firewall does your turbo sit? I could possibly help out as I will be getting one made for my car , and I can just get a second one made at the same time but with the flange for the big16G.

Only issue is, you'll be waiting until april-ish at least..
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
dirtygalant
nearly postwhore

Post by dirtygalant »

one of only a handful? Have you come across projectzerog yet? I would say there's probably just as many 4G63 DOHC Starions in the US than there are in Australia & NZ combined. Plus given that everyone is running a custom exhaust manifold, how would you be sure that the turbo placement and rotation on a car here in Aus/NZ will be the same as yours in the US? We also have a brake booster/master cylinder on the exhaust side which would influence the path of the O2 housing/downpipe which you could make use of the extra space on LHD vehicles.

Labour costs in Australia aren't cheap, you're looking at paying a minimum of $80+gst per hour for general mechanical work on a car at any workshop/dealership - this is what happens when the minimum wage is $~20 per hour and costs of overheads are higher.
ImageImage
E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | A164A Eterna GSR | 6G72 RWD Conversion Forum