W58 and bell housing Q's

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

I'm mostly interested in the bellhousing + w58 info.

I already have a full vr4 motor, will be looking for a shell to put it in soon. :)

EDIT: I'm such a lurker, haven't posted here in over a year.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

entaran - with the starion wideblock, you use the carby B2600/courier 4wd bellhousing and a FC RX7 gearbox.

woody - busy as mate, trying to get the gemini ready for jambo, right now i'm playing internet catchup from not being on for any length of time for a few days.. wont be long though.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

redzone wrote:entaran - with the starion wideblock, you use the carby B2600/courier 4wd bellhousing and a FC RX7 gearbox.
I have a complete, assembled VR4 motor from my previous racecar. So would only be interested in gearbox solutions that bolt upto vr4 blocks. I'm not willing to disassemble the motor to refit it to a different block.
WANTSOM
Pushing my luck

Post by WANTSOM »

I'm running a Dellow housing for my wideblock Starion motor coupled to a W58. Interestingly its stamped "Mit 2.6"

I 'heard' through Ron at Coltspeed that Dellow also make a narrow block bellhousing for the W58. Cant confirm and last I heard Dellow werent really interested in this stuff anymore but if you are hung up about the W58 that might be a road to pursue otherwise as Redzone says, the Mazda combo will be a good thing.
Never argue with an idiot, it brings you down to their level and they beat you with experience.
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

WANTSOM wrote:I 'heard' through Ron at Coltspeed that Dellow also make a narrow block bellhousing for the W58. Cant confirm and last I heard Dellow werent really interested in this stuff anymore but if you are hung up about the W58 that might be a road to pursue otherwise as Redzone says, the Mazda combo will be a good thing.
they do i have the dellow bellhousing made for the narrow block!

im pretty sure dellow still make them no problems just ring them and ask if you want to make sure
SR20 powered starion what have I done..... :P
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

how much is the dellow narrow block bellhousing?

i am hopefully buying one of the bill hinchers (projectzerog) w series bellhousings soon so will be able to let everyone know how that goes
is looking like it will be around $700nz dollars landed
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

[quote="S0LJAH"]how much is the dellow narrow block bellhousing?/quote]

off the top of my head it was around something like $450AU and i think it bolts to both narrow and wide blocks
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

yeah mine was $425 for the narrow block. They had it already cast up when I called they just had to machine it. it fitted well except in one spot it hit somewhere ( can't remember how/where) but I just got the angle grinder out and took a little bit off and it fitted sweet. Just ring him up, he's pretty good.
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)

Post by Guest »

TomVR4 wrote:yeah mine was $425 for the narrow block. They had it already cast up when I called they just had to machine it. it fitted well except in one spot it hit somewhere ( can't remember how/where) but I just got the angle grinder out and took a little bit off and it fitted sweet. Just ring him up, he's pretty good.
so what fork , throwout bearing holder and slave did u use ? what model supra ? did he supply all that ?
TomVR4
I love starions

Post by TomVR4 »

he suplied the fork, throw out bearing and holder. i used the standard starion slave.
what model supra what? g'box? Im not sure, I dont think it matters
G6E Falcon Turbo (stock)
XJ Jeep Cherokee (5" lift, muddies, lockers etc)
Entaran
I love starions

Post by Entaran »

W5 series boxes.

R154 boxes are currently in development. 5 seconds hunting would've given you all those answers really.

http://www.billsautofab.com/
S0LJAH
I love starions

Post by S0LJAH »

Entaran wrote:W5 series boxes.

R154 boxes are currently in development. 5 seconds hunting would've given you all those answers really.

http://www.billsautofab.com/
that info is for the adapter in getting (bills the guy off zerog)

TOMVR4 has got a dellow (if im correct?) setup so i wouldnt count on everything being the same
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

if you live in australia i would do the W58 box conversion using dellow for everything for the fact that you know it will just bolt up and work!

if you want to put any other box behind or are from any other country i would go with bill off project zero G

Post by Guest »

im running w58 1ggte bellousing to adapter plate , if i was to do it again id just buy a dellow housing , had alot of grief tracking down slave & clutch fork retainer clips
iXNAY
nearly postwhore

Post by iXNAY »

Anonymous wrote:im running w58 1ggte bellousing to adapter plate , if i was to do it again id just buy a dellow housing , had alot of grief tracking down slave & clutch fork retainer clips
if anyone is going to go down this track just ring dellow! just save yourself the time and hassle its all been done before and works great!