my car is not DONE and probably never be!

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
MrSparkle
[P] Plates

Post by MrSparkle »

Hello,

I shall continue the build up thread from here then. I am Mr Benders brother Shane. My plan for this car is just to fine tune the package which was already pretty decent. I plan to make small changes just to tidy it up a bit and make the engine package work properly. I dont think it will make any more power than it has but i think this power band will be much more useful. (This in turn should make it a hell of a lot faster overall) First thing was the exhaust housing, I changed it to a .63 to get it on boost earlier and ive also ordered the correct wastegate spring so the boost wont be controlled by a bleed valve anymore.

Other plans include dropping down a size in inlet cam to get it to idle properly and get the most out of the new exhaust housing. Ive also ordered the ignitor module for the microtech so i can run the individual coil packs for a stronger more consistent spark. Plus we have started painting it and putting on the new bonnet and bumper to match the new paint. Partly because it looks better and partly because i want to make it look different because its mine now haha.

Thats my intro out of the way, back to the car.

Ive got most of the jazz in the engine bay and it looks like the engine will go back in tomorrow. It probably wont be running for a few more weeks because i have to change some wiring and a few other bits and pieces. Mr Bender has a heap of pics so ill kindly ask him to chuck a few progress ones up when he gets a chance.

Thanks ,

Shane
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Welcome to the forum Shane :)

Sounds like you've hatched a smart plan. I was at the motorplex last year to see Glen make a few run's in this car, and it seemed to have had no problem reaching the rev limiter. Exhaust note was great. :twisted:

Fattening up the power/torque curves should complement the starion's naturally tight handling.

Looking forward to progress pics, I think the jb facelift gives a more aggressive look, which I prefer.
jb - white outside maroon inside
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

Bite my shiny metal ass!!!

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
MrSparkle
[P] Plates

Post by MrSparkle »

Not sure if glen meant to post the same pics again or if he is just smoking too much crack. (Its addictive you know)

The engine bay is painted now, The engine is back in and it has its new exhaust housing on the turbo, the oil line for the turbo feed has been shortened and ive changed where the turbo gets it water from so i wont have to run any hoses in front of the engine. Plus i was able to reseal all the manifolds because the car had a nasty air leak out of the ex manifold when i drove it last. We also did some mods to the power steering box to take away the "power" part. With the removal of the power steering pump and reservoir it should make the engine bay look much cleaner and less oily.

I bought the x4 module for the microtech and ill get the rest of the wiring sorted over the weekend. ( Hopefully) I have had to change a bit of the wiring primarily because some of it was too short or i didnt like the way it ran through or over bits and pieces. Its a battle between wanting it to look neat and how long i can stand screwing around with it.

One thing i cant seem to sort is the suspension. I have searched and searched the world wide web and the only option i can find is the d2 coilovers. I msgd a supplier and they wont change spring rates so i dont think i have any choice. The suspension is just not that great at the moment, Its not hard enough and its a little bouncy for my liking. I want it to feel like any other coilover equipped car feels. I plan to get the coilovers out and see if its possible to get them fitted with heavier springs 10kg/mm f and 8kg/mm rear and fit some new adjustable dampers.
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

I recall redzone mention you can buy springs seperately, so you should be able to order the springs with your preferred rate.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

i just thought this page needs more pictures!

it seems that i have uploaded the wrong ones i will try again later

Russell Coight: Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only you can't see them, because it's dark.
MrSparkle
[P] Plates

Post by MrSparkle »

Thanks for that RiceThief. Perhaps i just msgd the wrong supplier? I got the impression he just wanted to sell me what he had and not what i wanted.

The coilovers in the car are locally made so im hoping i can get replacement springs and dampers to get the car feeling the way i want it. I will try this option first and then if it fails i will hunt down alternatives.
MrSparkle
[P] Plates

Post by MrSparkle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

You've got no compliance on your firewall. Did you move it?
How did your bro get it registered?
Looking great with the bay done in fast starion blue too!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

i took them off ages ago and never put them back on!
you dont need them over here :wink:

redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Fuck that looks heaps better hey...
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
MR Bender
Enthusiast king

Post by MR Bender »

well
thats the end of that chapter!

:cry:

The END!

Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

Sad to see it end this way :cry: Looks like you left the tail lights on it, were they damaged etc?
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Can't believe you guys did that to it! Custom body kit and all.
And Glen, your brother reckons in an earlier post that you were smoking too much crack! Yet he did this... :wtf:
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
avandull
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by avandull »

I feel sad.
Agatha the ugly Starion