Oil Pressure

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

Sgt Khan, why would you want a smaller filter, what's the benefit?

The smaller the filter, the quicker it will lose it's effectiveness.
Check this out:
http://www.ryco.com.au/PDF/Filters/Filt ... mation.pdf
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

Its just the one that fits man. The bigger one has a bigger ring and it doesnt fit.
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
thrash
Austarion Occupant

Post by thrash »

hmm.. i woulda thought that the oil filters would be the same size for the starion and l300 considering it's the same block? Or is the l300 one for a 2.4L?
quest wrote:
WANTSOM wrote:Personally, I find sloppy boxes very unsatisfying. I like them tight and taught to the point that if you dont have to push to get it in then its probably too old and time to get a new one :P
don't try explaining that to her tho..... just leave. lol
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

Sargeant_Khan wrote:could be blow by, im pretty sure I shot the dip stick out once, cant remember exactly. Its been built with alot of expensive gear in it but i have a feeling it was thrashed on the run in as it was sold immediately afterwards. Leaks from the half moon still. Will reseal it when I get a chance. Doesnt blow any smoke though and after changing oils it doesnt seem to leak anymore except from the half moon. Fully synthetic 10w 40. I was thinking about moving to a 50 but noone really reccomended it. The compression is pretty high as well. Even across all four cylinders though. Dave, you want me to drop it in so you can take the engine out, inspect it and install a dellow bell housing and supra box for free? I will supply the clutch if u need it.
:beer
hahaha free hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

do a leakdown test on the motor then you'll know for sure if it's blowby. or just pull the oil cap off while the engine's running and see how much pressure it's making. will be wayyyyy more under boost though of course.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
TWIMCAM BOY
I like starions more

Post by TWIMCAM BOY »

how did you go with the engine??? it did have high oil presure from day dot i think from memory the builder did adjust the relieve valve but thats going back along time ago now.
when i sold it too you it hadn t even done more then 150kms which was all on the dyno it hasnt had a hard life at all

how s is it all going???
GO HARD OR GO HOME