my car is not DONE and probably never be!

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

MATE 14 K!
PIZZA DELIVERY GUY....No more
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

The problem with my hypothetical story isn't the wife part it's all the fragile macho egos around here :D

Replace wife with GFC and the fact remains, a price tag of FREE brings out peoples hoarding mentality, which is what may save otherwise perfectly useable car parts from land fill or "recycled" into colourbond fencing or whatever. Call me a cheap skate, but I don't have anywhere near enough money to save every Starion part from the bin. (I'm not actually trying to either)

Also, if you can't openly discuss the facts about your hobby spending with your wife/girlfriend as an intelligent equal, one or both of you is an idiot, you should just split up now and save yourselves the grief.
When I say I'm spending money on my Starion to the wife she usually gives me a stern look and says, "why aren't you spending that money on your Monaro?!?" - what a bloody hard case hey :)
jb - white outside maroon inside
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

thanks for the relationship advice mate, i'll pass though.
if you earn your own money and want to spend it why bring a bird into the equation who will never fully understand the reason why? (love or hobby). even if she is a rhodes scholar (not an idiot). unless of course as someone else mentioned she wears the pants and your life is already forfeit.

so whats done to the v8 skyline - i mean monaro? couldnt help that one, holdens and chevs make me spew.
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

Seriously jk if you had to ask your wife permission for everything you spend on the starion then thats the relationship you need to have a long hard look at. If i had to ask my wife for $50 to spend on the starion she would glare at me and say im not your mum why do you need my permission.
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
jk
Mine is bigger than yours

Post by jk »

Mick wrote:so whats done to the v8 skyline - i mean monaro? couldnt help that one, holdens and chevs make me spew.
1975 HJ GTS 2 door Monaro - original 308/turbo 400/pwr steer in tired original Jamaica Lime paint and black interior. 15" pontiac rally wheels.

I've stripped it back to the firewall for an engine bay repaint and engine/steering and suspension freshen up. Will also do new carpet and retrim seats to original spec. It's just for cruising mostly.
Still deciding on stroking to 383 or just leave it 308 now and then throw on a small nitrous kit down the track for a little drag racing, dunno.

RT, I don't know WTF your going on about, are you guys actually reading my words or just imagining what you want? Hypothetical story, openly discuss decisions, when did I ever say I asked anyone for any permissions? I'm comfortable with my masculinity, FFS just drop it.
jb - white outside maroon inside
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I have to ask permission, I dont handle the finances or make anywhere near as much as my gf does, I dont even know which week I get paid anymore.
Im looked after though.
NachoMan
nearly postwhore

Post by NachoMan »

LOL
This page is funny!
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

1975 HJ GTS 2 door Monaro - original 308/turbo 400/pwr steer in tired original Jamaica Lime paint and black interior. 15" pontiac rally wheels.

thank the lord its not a new one. what a treat being able to build a car from ebay parts hey, now sell it (because somehow theyre worth money) and spend it on the starion, sjhould have that $50 off to the side then and be able to sneak a part out to the shed :D
jokes mate
FS: Ford 302ci Windsor. Race prepped block, Clevite bearings, ARP fixings, Hypertectic pistons, nitrided rods, knife edged crank, Gilmer drive, chrome moly rings, Yella Terra stage 3 heads, manly valves, Comp cams 294* solid roller, YT roller rockers, Funnelweb manifold, 2 inch spacer, Proform 830cfm carb, K&N 10" stack, ICE ignition. - 0437900210
RiceThief
my mangina paid for my staz

Post by RiceThief »

jk - sorry I got confused with your hypotetical story with the stern looks your wife gives you when you spend money on the starion. No one mention anything about your masculity but you need to bring it up. Anyway Mick said it best, why bring in the partner when they dont fully understand.

khan - its not so bad, your gf earns more then you so essentially you are spending her money :twisted:
Starions are a disease, the only cure is poverty.

Project Grand Sport Racing Five
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

If it was all my money i'd spent on Starions so far i'd have shot myself by now...

Anyway, if your partner isn't making more money than you, then you have failed! :twisted: :D

...i'm getting paid for sex aren't I? :(
WidebodyWoody
Woodwide

Post by WidebodyWoody »

I earn more than my wife but still ask her permission to spend money. But its not because she wears the pants. Its because we both ask each other so that we both know where money is going. Its called keeping track of your finances so that you can buy things like a nice big house or have a family. Sure some people are just wimps and give total control to their partners be it the male or female side. I did up our budget, she runs to it, and its up to both of us to make sure it stays on track.

In conclusion, asking to spend money isn't a bad thing, I believe its a good thing. Its the same as when your single, you know where every cent you spend goes. This is the same outcome. If you didn't ask, how else would your partner know where that last $1000 you just spent on the engine went to?
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

living the dream then mate?
sounds like you've got it all sorted there.
Sargeant_Khan
Enthusiast

Post by Sargeant_Khan »

I think I understand where mick is coming from, I dont know your marital situation but where I work I see alot of women who earn 20 - 35k talk trash and run down their husbands who are bringing in 120 plus a year and they don't get to spend any money on themselves.

The only thing they get out of their trade:
1. A bitchy wife
2. A house
3. Kids they probably didn't ask for

This is a trend i'm seeing far too often.

But if they're not complaining about whats going on in the sack, they'd probably complain about him spending money without asking, then sleep with someone they aren't married/in a relationship too rofl

Everyone's different I guess
Mick
Enthusiast

Post by Mick »

jesus christ thats scary mate...
i wonder if they'd enjoy their life a bit more if they hardened the fuck up?