Twin Cam Conversion section

For all your twin cam conversion questions and hints
Lunacy
nearly postwhore

Post by Lunacy »

OLD FART wrote:
Lunacy wrote:
OLD FART wrote:OLDIES NUMBER 1 Twin cam conversion rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check that your wallet is full of greenies before starting :D
I find not keeping track helps alot otherwise could get quite depressing - esp if the mrs found out how much each of those bits in my spare room cost!!! :shock:
SUSH :x the walls have ears in my house :wtf: LOL
Haha i just keep promising the wife that itl be done by the end of the year so then she wont have to worry anymore - hopefully after that itl just be maintenance and race entry fees :)

Post by Guest »

have many photos to contribute , and many do's and donts . , my conversion consists of complete narrow engine with w58 adaptor plate which suits a 1ggte belhousing and a long shifter housing on the box
woops
Big Dorifto

Post by woops »

One thing that would be a nice thread would be the differences between the multiple heads available. When there is the so many potential choices for heads and engines ranging between Galant N/A, Sonata, VR4, RVR, EVO 1 2 and 3 it would be nice to have a definitive answer on any the differences of port size if any and between all of them. It would be really nice to have a comparison of any differences to flow rates and benefits of getting an evo head if a cheap sonata head would be just as good.

Also thread on the compatibility of all the bottom end parts such as gears, water pumps, con rods, pistons etc if there are any differences between the models would be nice.
redzone
racking my brains

Post by redzone »

i'll be covering a little of that in my thread, with pics.
Fibreglass airdams $370, fibreglass front bumpers $260, reco drag links $165, alloy radiators $925 (unpolished), h/l switch rebuilds $125, all plus freight.
Coxs Automotive (07)54433507 3/5 Service st Maroochydore Q

www.facebook.com/coxsautomotive
www.coxsautomotive.com.au
enthuzed
Austarion Occupant

Post by enthuzed »

OLD FART wrote:OLDIES NUMBER 1 Twin cam conversion rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check that your wallet is full of greenies before starting :D
Can help with that. A slight cold provides me with more greenies than I know what to do with. Do you want some? LOL

Btw, gr8 work having a TC section!
Reduce fuel costs by 15-20% & cut emissions by 1/3rd...
Increase engine performance & prolong engine life...
How?
Click the website button below & watch the 3 minute video.